User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Which religions are represented here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ummm..no, that doesent cover it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Have you ever seen a river bank after a minor flood? What happens? Erosion right? The seas would be filling with silt, washing off the land. It makes perfect sense that the things at the bottom of the ocean that are slow and stupid would get buried easily.
    ok, that might work for trilobytes..
    how about Coral? coral cant move at all..
    should have been quickly buried and killed outright.
    how did coral even survive at all? they cant float..they are firmly stuck to the ground (ocean floor)

Quote[/b] ]
    Quote[/b] ]
    why did fish die before land animals?
    shouldnt they live the longest and only be in the upper layers?
    what would cause fish to die before mammals?
    shouldnt fish live much longer than mammals in your theory?
    if not, why not?

The same thing goes here. If you talk to any aquarium hobbyist, would a fish live long in a swirling whirlpool of sand and silt?
    so did ALL fish die then?
    obviously not, sice we still have fish today..
    so why did only *some* fish die in the swirling silt, and not others?

Quote[/b] ]
    Quote[/b] ]
    Why did all the dinosaurs die before mammals?
    they were both land animals..
    why dont dinosaur and mammal fossils appear in the exact same layers? they dont..

I didn't say that they did. Like I said before, I think there are still dinosaurs today (BTW, if we found one, what would that do to your theory that they're all extinct?).
    that didnt answer the question..
    even if dinosaurs do still exist today, why are ALL dinosaur fossils found below ALL mammal fossils?
    I also dont believe dinosaurs are extinct, they are now called birds. but dinosaurs are NOT the same as birds..its easy to tell the tell the difference between a fossil dinosaur, mammal, and bird..and all dinosaur fossils exist far below all mammal and bird fossils..your assumption that dinosaurs still exist today does nothing to explain that fact..
    if they still exist today, explain why mammal fossils and dinosaur fossils do NOT appear in the same layers? ever.

Quote[/b] ]I believe that only Noah and his family survived the flood, not the whole human race, not "modern" humans. ALL the human race was destroyed (except for Noah and company). Humans are humans, there is no difference. If austropilicus afarensis lived in a valley, or had some crippling disease, he died first. Its that simple.
    again, you didnt answer the question..
    austropilicus afarensis was not a human..its a different creature..you cant assume it died first just because it lived in a valley or was sickly! it was neither..it lived all over and was perfectly healthy..and there were thousands of them..not just a huddling group of them in a valley..
    so you didnt explain why austropilicus afarensis died first and appears in layers below modern humans..please try again.

So, you say flying dinosaurs died before birds because they cant take the wind..
    Flying insects died before birds because they cant take the rain..
    but birds CAN handle the wind and the rain better, and so died AFTER the flying dinosaurs and the flying insects?
    please explain how birds are better able to withstand wind and raindrops better than flying dinosaurs and flying insects..which made birds die later, and so appear only in the higher layers..

and I know I probably added some of these as you were typing you reply, but I have several more issues for you! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

here are some more issues I would like explained by the flood theory..

How did fresh water fish survive at all?
    Salt water will kill them..
    there were no heated aquariums on the ark..

How did animals that exist only in the Americas make it to the Ark? how did new-world monkeys and all the Amazonian birds, that exist no where else in the world, make it to the Ark?
    what about Kangaroos?

why did some animals only end up in isolated areas AFTER the flood and no where else?
    how did kangaroos end up ONLY in Australia after the flood?
    they cant swim..

why did new-world monkeys only end up in South America after the flood..and why are old-world monkeys ONLY in Africa? the climates are similar enough..they could live together if they needed to..so why arent they all mixed together?
    Did the South American monkeys all swim across the Atlantic ocean? (and ONLY them?! why?)

How did the flood deposit crinoid fossils on top of mount everest? crinoids were "slow dumb" animals attached to the sea floor, just like the trilobytes..so they should appear only in the bottom layers..(and they do!)
    but..how did they get all the way up on top of mountains?
    and become PART of the mountains..they arent just sitting there loose in the open..the fossils are embedded in the actual rock that makes up the mountain tops..
    but..in the flood, they were buried in the first, deepest layers only..and only on the bottom of the oceans..they never lived on land.
    how did they get to the tops of tall mountains?
    waves and currents couldnt move them..if you suggest turbulant waters of the flood moved layers around, that kills your entire layering theory of animals dying in a specific sequence..because everything should be all mixed up then..
    and it isnt.
    need another way for those crinoids, buried first and deepest by the flood, to get up on top of mount everest..

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't have time to reply to this topic for a day or two. School work is piling up. I will answer your questions though, Scot, and then it will be my turn to ask! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Give me a while to catch up.

SF

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Justin - does the problem with your pc have anything to do with having the forum say, "Welcome Guest?" instead of Welcome God's Garden? If so, you just have to manualy login with your forum name and password. Poof, problem solved! Of course, that's probably not the problem or the solution. I tried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok SF!
    sounds good..

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man, Just like a commercial break when the program is getting good! But school work is important so I won't begrudge you the break. I've enjoyed following this topic guy's. Definately some brain fodder for this lapsed Episcopalian to mull over.

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    BCK
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Jim I'll reply here also.
    I have a pocket PC/ phone that I use at home to surf the web, Sprint 2032sp by toshiba. When I try to log in manualy on this it locks up. I can still surf but my user name and password pop up on every screen I go to after that.It makes it kind of hard to read the messages.Like I said I've placed orders at online nurseries with it, but for some reason it gives me problems here. My work PC is fine though. THANKS [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    I always suspect everything is a trap....thats why I'm still alive

Times fun when you're having flys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Mar. 11 2004,12:24)]-Scott
    this is a very interesting discussion! I'm not good at proving anything, but here are some of my answers;

Coral? haven't you seen documentary films showing massive waves pounding the coral and breakinng it off the ocean floor? the coral would then float to the surface then get grinded to a powder to form beaches.
    Fish: can't really answer that one... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]

dinos: you'd think big 12 ton dinos would sink, and little marmosets and other little mamals would float a bit longer. Also, all reptiles never stop growing throughout their lives, am i right? so, when there was the extra layer of water in the atmosphere, everything could live longer. so, the little reptiles we have today would have grown to enourmous sizes, right?
    back to extinct fish:
    I believe most of the fish went down into the depths to escape the turrents near the surface... and that is why the fossils usually found lower than most other creatures. also, thos worm like things people say we started out as? hagfish and other "worm like" fish live way in the depths in the ocean, down many miles.
    have you ever sprayed dragonflys with the water form your hose? they can barely withstand the sprinkle, and fall to the ground. they would be some of the first to die too [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img]

many freshwater fish can handle brackish and saltwater. also, whos to say noah didn't have built in ponds on the ark?

Quote[/b] ]why did some animals only end up in isolated areas AFTER the flood and no where else?
    how did kangaroos end up ONLY in Australia after the flood?
    they cant swim..
    asia, europe and australlia were connected at one time... how do you know the roos didn't migrate down to warmer australlia?

Quote[/b] ]How did the flood deposit crinoid fossils on top of mount everest? crinoids were "slow dumb" animals attached to the sea floor, just like the trilobytes..so they should appear only in the bottom layers..(and they do!)
    that doesn't make sence... you are saying they are found at the top of mount everest, then you are saying they are not, and found only lower... also, the creatures could ahve been caught in large glaciers and froze... ice floats, right?

Those are my answers. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] back to you, scott and snowy falcon [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Mar. 11 2004,20:47)]Oh man, Just like a commercial break when the program is getting good! But school work is important so I won't begrudge you the break. I've enjoyed following this topic guy's. Definately some brain fodder for this lapsed Episcopalian to mull over.

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    BCK

We're just catching our collective breaths and retooling. But sooner or later we will also make our respective decisions.
    [QUOTE]