User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Which religions are represented here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spect,
    you cant just make stuff up and offer it as support of a theory..
    we are dealing with facts, not stuff that is made up and just "sounds good"..

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Coral? haven't you seen documentary films showing massive waves pounding the coral and breakinng it off the ocean floor? the coral would then float to the surface then get grinded to a powder to form beaches.
    Fish: can't really answer that one... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]
    you are missing the point..coral are living animals..
    the reefs are stone made from their exoskeletons..
    if coral animals get ripped out of the reef..they die..no question. I want to know how the coral *animals* got buried in the silt of the flood and yet survived..
    coral animals are still alive today, so they must have survived the flood..how did they?

Quote[/b] ]dinos: you'd think big 12 ton dinos would sink, and little marmosets and other little mamals would float a bit longer. Also, all reptiles never stop growing throughout their lives, am i right? so, when there was the extra layer of water in the atmosphere, everything could live longer. so, the little reptiles we have today would have grown to enourmous sizes, right?
    no, you wouldnt think that..because its not true.
    the size of an animal has absolutely nothing to do with if it floats or sinks..all newly-dead animals float at first..
    if you throw a mouse into a pond, it will float and swim..
    if you throw an elephant into a (deep) pond, it will also float and swim..dead whales float, they get washed up on beaches all the time.
    "extra layer of water"?
    huh?
    what is an extra layer of water in the atmosphere?
    and why would it cause reptiles to live longer?
    there was never anything in the air that made animals live longer..
    you just made all that up..cant do that.

Quote[/b] ]
    many freshwater fish can handle brackish and saltwater. also, whos to say noah didn't have built in ponds on the ark?
    back to extinct fish:
    I believe most of the fish went down into the depths to escape the turrents near the surface... and that is why the fossils usually found lower than most other creatures. also, thos worm like things people say we started out as? hagfish and other "worm like" fish live way in the depths in the ocean, down many miles.
    have you ever sprayed dragonflys with the water form your hose? they can barely withstand the sprinkle, and fall to the ground. they would be some of the first to die too [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img]
    and you cant make up things that Noah *might* have had on the ark! (ponds) you cant add stuff to the Bible that isnt there and use it as evidence. you might as well say there were martians on the ark, just because you like to think there were! ..if you are going to use the Bible as fact, you cant put words in God's mouth.

You didnt explain how ALL fresh water fish survived..
    yes maybe *some* fresh water fish can survive salt water..but a VERY small percentage..
    there are thousands of species of fresh water fish alive today that can NOT survive salt water for an hour, much less the whole year of the flood..
    Take some angelfish and tetras and dump them in the Atlantic..they will be dead in minutes..
    And just suppose Noah DID have "ponds" on the Ark..how did all the fish get there? all the animals walked..thats a fact according to the Bible..they came there on their own, no one went out and got them all..(thats in the Bible remember)
    are you suggesting Angelfish walked to the Ark?
    and remember, you cant make stuff up..

and about the insects, the question to be answered is "why do insect fossils appear in layers far *below* fossils of dinosaurs and birds"
    somehow the insects have to die first..before flying dinosaurs and birds.
    SF said the insects dies before birds because of raindrops,
    and flying dinosaurs dies before birds because of wind..leaving the birds somehow immune to both wind and rain..
    (BTW, there were MANY flying dinosaurs and flying reptiles that were the same size, and smaller, than birds..and all those small flying dinosaurs are STILL in the layers FAR below the birds..)
    I need to know how the flood theory explains 3 distinct fossil laters:
    1. flying insects are in the lower layers, where there are NO flying dinosaurs or birds,

2. above those ,there are layers that contain BOTH flying insects and flying dinosaurs..but NO birds at all..

3.and then, the higest layers..that contains both Birds and flying insects..but no flying dinosaurs at all..

how does the flood explain that?

Quote[/b] ]asia, europe and australlia were connected at one time... how do you know the roos didn't migrate down to warmer australlia?
    you are mixing "science time" and "bible time"..cant do that.
    you have to pick one or the other..
    if you believe the Bible is absolute 100% fact, and if you believe Noah's flood is fact, you cant ALSO use Plate tectonic theory that says the plates moved apart 200 million years ago!
    The bible says Noah's flood was only 4,000 years ago, and most creationists accept that number.( -see this link for the Biblical evidence of how long ago the flood was
    http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/3563.asp)
    4,000 years isnt enough time for Pangea to break up and all the continents move into their current positions.
    I need to know how the BIBLE, and the flood theory, explains how kangaroos got TO the ark from Australia, and also how they got back to ONLY australia after the flood..
    Continental drift dosent factor into Bible time at all.
    With the factual bible, you only have 4,000 years to get everything where it is today.

Quote[/b] ]that doesn't make sence... you are saying they are found at the top of mount everest, then you are saying they are not, and found only lower... also, the creatures could ahve been caught in large glaciers and froze... ice floats, right?
    it makes perfect sense..
    The Crinoids were buried in the lowest, deepest layers of the ocean..if Noah's flood is true, they would be among the first buried, along with the trilobytes..in the deepest fossil layers known.
    Today those same crinoids are up on top of mount everest, and on the tops of mountains all over the world..the question is, how did they move from the ocean floor to the top of the mountains?
    its undeniable that they did..they are really there.
    how does the flood account for this?

sorry..but you didnt explain anything.

p.s. Science has no problems with any of these questions at all! they are all easily explained..
    I want to know how "Bible time" and Bible stories, which are supposed to be FACT..also explain these same issues..

thanks,
    Scot

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can take a black molly out of a freshwater tank and through it into a saltwater tank - and survive. Doesn't work with a feeder goldfish, though. They go belly up after awhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mollies are brackish water fish, intermediate between salt water and freshwater (from what I understand).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote[/b] ]"extra layer of water"?
    huh?
    what is an extra layer of water in the atmosphere?
    and why would it cause reptiles to live longer?
    there was never anything in the air that made animals live longer..
    you just made all that up..cant do that.
    I did'nt make that up. it is a theory. the theory is, In biblical times there was a large layer of water in the atmosphere. this blocked harmful rays form the sun, and that is why it is thought people lived for over 500 years back then. all the flood water came from this "moisture layer" in the atmosphere. when it was all 'deposited' into the ocean, everything was exposed to the harmful rays of the sun, and that is why the average lifespan of all life was cut so short for . (noah lived to be 950 years of age) I don't really ahve any quotes or links about this, but I'm sure others ahve heard this theory [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img] i dont think anyone has really proved that this "water layer" existed though, but it makes sence to me....

-spec [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!
    thats a new one for me!
    "Water vapor canopy"..I just looked it up..
    its amazing the lengths people will go to!

its physically impossible..goes against all laws of physics and nature..

http://home.entouch.net/dmd/canopy.htm

http://www.fsteiger.com/canopy.html

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/canopy.html

and..if it did exist, it would basically be a very thick, wet, atmosphere..so thick that it would plunge the surface of the earth into utter darkness....it would block out all sunlight..
    no life could survive..
    so if it did exist, life couldnt exist..
    and thats not even considering the fact that its impossible for water to do that anyway..
    2 reasons why its totally impossible!
    1. if it did exist, life could not exist.
    2. it couldnt exist.

also, if it did exist, it would have no effect on life span..
    People and animals grow old and die due to oxidation..
    cellular reactions to oxygen..oxygen is already on the earth..it doesent come from space.
    less radiation from space would not effect this process.
    sorry..scratch that one.
    there is no way...

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CH/CH311.html

all my questions remain unanswered..

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    read those webpages... does make sence though....

but with god all things are possible [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

maybe snowy falcon can answer your questions [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The coral could have survived the flood as planulae. This is the free swimming stage where they look for a suitable place to settle. Life cycle of coral

Once the waters receeded they would have been able to settle on exposed (not covered in mud or silt) rock or other hard sufaces and start rebuilding reefs.

BCK
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um, can you inclued Egnostic(sp?)
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List