User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Which religions are represented here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey SC,
    You stated that you know evolution is a fact.There is an interesting webpage
    I have found that is written by a Christian that has a lot to say about it.
    The thing is it dosen't dissagree,Feel eree to check it out at
    http://www.geocities.com/vr_junkie/t...andscience.htm
    Sorry I don't know how you guys post the link on here
    Later
    I always suspect everything is a trap....thats why I'm still alive

Times fun when you're having flys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scot
    That's basically how my parents are, though only my mother WAS a Christian. My father, well, I can say that his opinion on religion is that it's many times a dangerous thing and can put stubborn believers in a twist (Holy Crusade, Taliban and Al'Qaida (d.a.m.n.e.d. be all of them)). I'm a more or less spiritual person and can tolerate a religion as long as it's not preached to me by force or through TV (thus exaggerated to the point that I'm certain everyone is on PCP or something ).
    I really don't understand the supremacist groups a.k.a. Scum of the Earth (Fred Phelps, KKK, etc.) though.... I wish they'd just all disappear...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Mar. 02 2004,17:04)]Free spirit and thinker...not bound by any sectarian rule of thought. Though some pagan and Buddhist thought applies. I am not "religious" but consider myself a spiritual person. I believe in peace, harmony, tolerance, love and Mother Earth.

I guess there isn't a slot for all that.
    Suzanne,

You would be a Neo-Patchworkist too as I define it (and since I made up the term I get to make up the definition too )
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So that is what Neo-Patchworkist means...I was trying to figure what lavenderdawn talking about in reference to my name.

Travis
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Hey SC,
    You stated that you know evolution is a fact.There is an interesting webpage
    I have found that is written by a Christian that has a lot to say about it.
    The thing is it dosen't dissagree,Feel eree to check it out at
    http://www.geocities.com/vr_junkie/t...andscience.htm
    Sorry I don't know how you guys post the link on here
    Later

thanks G.G,
    that looks very interesting!
    I printed it out..(60 pages! )
    I will read through it later!

here it is as a live link:
    www.geocities.com/vr_junkie/thebibleandscience

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol Pyro...yeah, that would probably fit. Or you could say I'm a pagabudda....or buddagan? hehe

I don't believe in "God" but don't consider myself an aetheist. I don't personally care for organized religion as I've seen a lot of hypocrisy in religion and I've seen it cause a lot of harm to both groups and individuals. But I FIRMLY believe in everyone's right to worship who and how they please, **AS LONG AS they don't hurt anybody**. That's where I draw the line. Religion shouldn't HARM. (I remember with disgust the case of a 12 yr old boy who died a slow and agonizing death on a couch at home suffering from gangrene in an untreated broken leg...Christian Scientist parents. ) I don't know how anyone could watch a child suffer like that and die and say "god" wanted it that way. That's when religion is at its worst.

I prefer to tend my own path and not worry about someone not believing or thinking as I do.

Differences make the world a better place...and tolerance greases the wheel to make it all run smoothly.

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am 100% atheist!!!! I cannot help but to look upon the crucifix and feel nothing. I believe in science, mathematics, statistics, etc. all religions follow the same patterns to me. More people have died in the name of religion than any other reason, and so I bid farewell to theology and worship my true savior, myself.

Odysseus--> when I was a child I used to attend an LDS church with my mother. I have many memories of the missionaries that would come over and hang out/help out and get a good meal. I met some excessively nice individual there. I find it exceedingly commendable that the LDS faith put so much emphasis on the family and exists within a very guiltless state. I have always detested the guilt that usually went along with Christianity. My mother still attends that very church regularly.
    In bleak description the waves come crashing; battering the very instinct of every lusting moment to fulfill this gaping desire. A mouth as dry as soot and how it once had tasted of life, fit within a momentís time; And how those fleeting days laid in the light of blissful suffering. -me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

"do what thou wilt but harm none" -- sound familiar to anyone?
    "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" -- same thing?
    There are many roads to the same mountaintop.
    And there is also more than one Travis here, Travis.'

I, too, would like to hear your answers to 'fatboy's' questions, Odysseus.
    Also, while I revere Mother Earth, I don't think it could be said that I 'worship' it/her. We sure had better take care of this planet since it's our sole life support. That is part of my "mission" here. I also donate my professional services frequently to those who would benefit but cannot afford them. And I carry around a gentle joy for others I meet. I value life - as I said before elsewhere, we're all in this together.
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast