Thread: Office Plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you are all CP pushers!!!!

lol....

oh well I am one too:O
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find this list highly suspect, Im a horticulturist with an interior landscape firm
    and this list is nothing but our standard fair. Most likely this list was taken off of another interior landscape firms website, the designers that run these companys love to make people think they know what they are talking about
    and of course they have to push thier product, Rhapis cleaning air? LAUGHABLE.
    I find it rather interesting that the common spider plant (Chlorophytum comosum) is no where to be found on your list.

[/QUOTE]Areca palm (Chrysalidocarpus lutenscens)
    Lady palm (Rhapis Excelsa)
    Bamboo palm (Chamaedorea seifrizii)
    Rubber plant (Ficus elastica)
    Dracaena ‘Janet Craig’ (Dracaena deremensis ‘Janet Craig’)
    English ivy (Hedera helix)
    Pygmy date palm (Phoenix roebelenii)
    Fig ‘Alii’ (Ficus macleilandii ‘Alii’)
    Boston fern (Nephrolepis exaltata)
    Peace lily (Spathiphyllum)
    Corn plant (Dracaena fragrans)
    Golden pothos (Epipremnum aureum)
    Florist mum (Chrysanthemum morifolium)
    Gerber daisy (Gerbera jamesonii)
    [QUOTE]
    Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

The article that went with it (it was from some gardening e-newsletter I get, sorry, I get too many - working on doing something about that) specifically mentioned spider plants & philodendron as not being as efficient air cleaners as was previously thought. Those plants in the list were in order of their efficiency from the top. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I too work for an interiorscape firm and that pretty much sums up all the product line basically anyways. Those plants do next to nothing and the major reason is people that work there empty all kinds of beverages into them and the lighting sucks. The plants have a hard time keeping themselves alive letalone keeping any of us alive.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

That makes sense if the plant is not at it's optimal health that it might not be an asset to it's environment.
    I went looking for the source of this list because I remember the article impressed me. I haven't yet been able to find that specific article but did find a source. Perhaps you may care to do a search for the book "How to grow fresh air: 50 houseplants that purify your home or office" by Dr. Bill Wolverton who is a NASA senior research scientist. Still no cp's mentioned, though, but then we'd probably have to live in the terrarium with them... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, people grow CP's at work [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] . Do you ever feed your plants at work [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] I can't ever find any bugs. Maybe they've all been eaten.
    Uh... my email is captainalan@gmail.com
    Disney is trying to take over the world. They have castles all around the globe. Kids like Mickey mouse more than our president, soon he will rise to power!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Khai @ Mar. 05 2004,09:40)]I find it rather interesting that the common spider plant (Chlorophytum comosum) is no where to be found on your list.
    Any advice for the Spider Plant? I was under the belief that the thing was hard to kill! Mine is struggling something else. I received it for free from a Greenhouse that had it growing off the flower stalk as a plantlet as all spider plants do. I took it home and it rooted. However, after a month of being there it's health did a 180 and it almost died. Each day the tips of the leaves get more and more black and brown. I pulled it up and checked it's roots. There were VERY thick stubby roots. Do all Spider plant roots look this way? Or were mine funked out? I repotted and gave it more sun, but no real change. Any advice?

At my work I grow S. x 'Wrigleyana', D. Capensis, and a Dionaea in an interesting deep tray with river rocks filling the cracks around the pots. The water level is full to the brim and I let it slowly evaporate away supplying humidity and oxygen to the roots. They seem to be doing fine! I have a compact flourescent beaming on them from 7am to 10pm! I should post a pic monday when I go back to work. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    elgecko - I tried growing a capensis under those types of lights. It was about 6' under the lights (on my desk). The cap quickly lost its dew despite added humidity. After a week it hadn't adjusted and I put it 3' under the lights (top of shelf). It did a bit better but over the next few months started to turn greenish yellow from lack of light. There were plenty of lights every other office tile so overall there was a lot of indirect light. I suspected that the capensis might need sunlight or growlights. Let us know how it works out!

Capn' Drosera - keep a big dish of water under your cap and you'll likely get plenty of fungus gnats.
    A flytrap ate my homework!
    -Michelle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast