What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

?The Oddest Things!

Hey, just bored and curious, what's the weirdest thing you've ever found in one of your plants?

I once found what looked like an eyeball while cutting open one of my dead nepenthus'. That kind of scared me...

Not mutch weird happens to me. Umm... nope nothing unusual besides the fact that one of my birds cant slow down once she starts flying a wall or a landing site being her way to stop. And often the momentum of the landing makes her fall off perches, but thats all

I was selling some plants at a flea market. I noticed that on one of the S.flavas about 1/3 the way down the pitcher was a line about 1/2 inch long. I thought that maybe it was from moving the plant around getting to the flea market. Later in the day the line kept getting bigger. Then I notice the line was moving. I looked closer and it was a yellow jacket that had been caught in the pitcher was chewing his way out.

Its not particularly unusual but I've had flytraps catch grandaddy longlegs...the body was in the trap and the legs were all hanging outside...waving around. Ugh.
sad.gif

Something like this?:

VFT%20Nabbed!.JPG

Capslock

Observing VFT traps gives you a good idea of what kidn of bugs live in your region...lol

I'd like to hear some stories of people dumping/slitting old nep pitchers and what came out...
tounge.gif

Bright purple chewed bubble gum - in a VFT. Curious neighbor kids....

WildBill

My S. alata caught a daddylongleggs. That was weird. The body was down the pipe, and all the legs were sticking out the top. I always thought it was the ittsy bittsy spider that got washed down the spout....
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nflytrap @ Mar. 07 2004,18:24)]Observing VFT traps gives you a good idea of what kidn of bugs live in your region...lol

I'd like to hear some stories of people dumping/slitting old nep pitchers and what came out...
tounge.gif
A pinky mouse skull came out of one of my nep maxima pitchers.

ghostface.gif
biggrin.gif

Dustin fed his nepenthes a salamander, right?
Lets see... one time I found out when I left my sarr. judith hindle (dead, but I got a new one) on my desk that it was covered in ants and therer were a ton of them in the pitchers when I got home. and one time I found a big worm crawling up my terrarium wall (suprisingly big for a poor soil terrarium) so I fed it to my nep.
tounge.gif

Back