What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

from member to moderator

it's funny
smile.gif

Wow, did this topic take off..I wonder who T is assuming it is Trashcan.
rock.gif
O'well, do you have any left over herbs for stress BCK or anyone? St. Johns Wart maybe?
cool.gif

BTW why would PAK get booted off the forums? PAK is funny as heck and one of the nicest mods...I will take that circle idea back on members...
blues.gif

i think being a mod. has become savage. it's chaos and someone gave her the last warning. i wonder if you can get rid of the squares. is there anyway to redeem yourself?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Travis @ Mar. 14 2004,11:09)]Wow, did this topic take off..
Seemed more like it was careening down the highway while the driver fought with someone in the
backseat
laugh.gif
!

Nope, no St John's wart.  Take two aspirin and don't call me in the morning
laugh.gif

"T" as in Tamlin also fits since he's her other half
wink.gif

smile.gif

BCK

Finch, here is another one i know of:
The americans spent hundreds of millions developing a computer that could be powered in space.
the russians used a wind up.

laugh.gif

well hey they US likes things that are cool i guess lol. anyway what's happening to my discussion it has a life of it's own now!! lol

Sometimes a serious topic gets only 10 responses. Something like this, which is pure froth, goes nuts. You should check out Word Association, started by our 99 year old. That truly has a life of its own!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]well hey they US likes things that are cool

ya and i geuss sometimes we trow money out the window

hey, didn't you know that in the US throwing money out the window is cool?  
wow.gif

And it's St. John's wOrt, so named because it flowers around St. John's Day in June.  Didn't know there was one, did you?  Wort is a very old name for herb. I am just full of all sorts of useless stuff like that.  
tounge.gif

It is also a useful additive to massage oil or lotion to ease muscle aches.  
smile.gif

oh well.
tounge.gif
so what happened w/ being a mod. is it good or bad?

There is no "good" or "bad" to being a moderator. Its just helping out. You watch topics, help when you can, alert admin to trouble, etc. There is no prestige or perks to it. We just help out The Great One Phil Crane who is busy running his business and selling lots o' plants to support this place. Thank you Phil.
biggrin.gif

I guess the closest to "bad" would be sometimes when we do our jobs to moderate topics (which might include editing or deleting), we get criticized or bashed for it.
rock.gif
That's not too fun. There aren't many rules here but there are a FEW. "Be nice."

All the mods are good folk though...always turn to them first if you have a problem. That's what we are here for.
smile.gif

Oh yeah...there is Ozzy....you'll have to kinda ignore him. He's had a tapeworm problem and we just keep him around out of pity. What's a guy to do that is only a shell of his former self...so sad...so sad..... Pass the cup for Ozzy....
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah that tapework kicked my but to say least.
It's hard to hear that you guys keep me around just for pity.
sad.gif

I guess me and Spec just need to find another forum to be a part of. Anybody know of any tapeworm survivor forum?
sad.gif

yea... if you're like that PAK, we're out of here!
sad.gif

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] guess the closest to "bad" would be sometimes when we do our jobs to moderate topics (which might include editing or deleting),

So do you mods delete advertisements that pop up on this board or do some programs delete them for you. I noticed this site is very much clear of advertisements and such. Very nice. Is this one of those rare boards that hasnt been targeted yet for advertisement or do you have to activly delete it? I was just wondering because Iv seen quite a few other message boards overrun with ads.

yeah i've seen so many message boards over run w/ ads it's nice to know these aren't. oh PAK you're back! cool! So when you become a mod. do you start off with a square?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wolfpackgurl @ Mar. 15 2004,19:21)]So when you become a mod. do you start off with a square?
When someone is made a mod, their "Group" designation is changed from "Members" to "Moderator".  I'm guessing the squares are part of a system that the mods are testing for indicating who has been warned and how often they have been warned.

smile.gif

BCK

Yes, those squares are to indicate warnings.

The mods have been doing a very thorough testing of the warning system on each other, to make sure that it works correctly. Very thorough.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (trashcan @ Mar. 15 2004,20:36)]The mods have been doing a very thorough testing of the warning system on each other, to make sure that it works correctly. Very thorough.
So that's what you call it..."thorough". I'll have to remember that for work. "What? No, no, I'm just being thorough Boss!"
{chuckle}

smile.gif

BCK

wow and PAK already has a new square already! How do you get rid of them?
tounge.gif

Back