What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pancreatitis!

• Thread starter pond boy
  • Start date
Hi, as you may have noticed I havent been on lately heres the reason; On friday I started thrwing up,having a lot of pressure,lower back pain,yellow skin,and lower abdominal pain on my right side. My mom took me to the emergency room and they said it was the crud and the pain would go away shortly,when it didn`t my dad took me back, I was admited and they found I had pancreatitis! My pancreatic enzymes were up to 6,000(50 is normal)! They put me on an iv and demeoral for the pain,and I didn`t get to eat till monday. My pancreatic enzymes were back to naormal and I was sent home on tuesday.

They said that my pancreatitis was caused by an unknown cause. I`m feeling better now but I still have the pressure and belching.

Noah,

Pancreatitis is a very serious and potentially fatal illness both to humans and animals. It is nothing to mess around with.

About 3 years ago my dog nearly died from pancreatitis. He was very ill and it takes a long time to recover from it (he had many relapses over the next couple of months). It was a horrible time...very scary...emergency vet, IVs, hospitalization....happened right before Christmas and broke me financially and I missed Christmas at home because Jonah had a relapse the day before I was to drive home.

Pondboy, you need to take it easy and lighten up on your fat intake. Pancreatitis has a number of causes but it can be very dangerous.

I'm glad you're feeling better...take care of yourself so you don't relapse too.
smile.gif

Suzanne

Whoa! Good to hear you're better! That must have been highly unpleasant!

Capslock

Wow, I'm glad you're doing better! one of my dogs died from that once...
sad.gif
Hope you get completely better soon!
smile.gif
Instant message me on aim on JRPower12.

I dont im. When I was in the hospital I lost 15 pound I used to way 137 now I way 122. Yes I do need to lighten up on my fat intake I eat quite abit of fat.

Hey, hope ya feel better, and I'll be praying for ya.

My mom had gall stone pancreatitis and it went undiagnosed for 3 years and she almost died her liver enzymes were up to 15,000.Thankfully mine was treated imediately!

wow... 15 pounds in a week! you could be on those people magazine articles on people who loose an enormous amount of weight in a short period
wink.gif

http://www.aim.com you can download aim there for free, and you can im me then
tounge.gif
cool.gif

My mom doesnt let me aim. Lol. Yeah they could call it the "pancreatic diet" the most painfull diet ever.

Boy, pond boy, you must have some kind of guardian angel, a charmed life or something.  Survive a copperhead snake bite & now pancreatitis.  What next?  Keep your head down.  
wow.gif
  Glad to hear you're doing better.  
smile.gif

pancreatitis? Iv never heard of it, but is sounds bad. Im glad to hear your feeling better

ouch...
Glad to hear you're gettting better, I hope things go well!
smile.gif

Actually, I DID notice the lack of ~10 quick posts from you. Got some pics that hopefully will put a smile on your face.

I'm glad your doing better Noah,I hope you get well soon.

Jerry

My wife had that about a year and half ago. She said it was very painful. She was in the hospital almost a week. And she didn't get to eat for 4 days. She couldn't even eat ice or drink water.
I'm glad that you're ok.

OZZY,what type did your wife have?

Hi Noah,

I had my gallbladder out 1.5 years ago.  It had gone misdiagnosed for a year.  The largest of the stones was bigger than a golf ball.  The gallbladder was removed, of course. I still have trouble and can not eat fatty food. They make me very ill.  It is not so bad if I eat right.  But you are starting to have trouble while you are still so young.  I hope it is something that will get much better with proper care.

God Bless
Rose

I dont have gallstones though I had the unknown cause type of pancreatitis.

Last night I had a bad attack,probalby should have gone to the hospital,any ways I ended up forgetting to bring my plants in and there was a big freze a nd my poor S.leucophylla froze! It lost all its leafs,pitty too since it just sent up some 2 foot leafs.
OH well.

Back