What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smile.gif
Okay, here are the pictures I took of my plants during spring break.  I'm affraid they are a little crewd but at least I got them
smile.gif

dar022904.gif

This is my Cobra Lilly, you can see it is still growing well.  Sorry for the light gold overtone, it's kind of not possible to get the plant out from under the grow lights without a huge project.

ed022904.gif

N. x edinensis is sappose to be a weed, but so far mine is still getting a grip on being it's own entity and not a vine on a big plant so it doesn't do much yet.

inter022904.gif

Copper gave me this D. intermedia Cuba as a seedling not to long ago, but it's already making a flower staulk.  You can't see it very well in this picture because it is out of focus, but it is there.

jfdown022904.gif

This is my pathedic N. x judith finn, it's sappost to look really nice when it's happy, but right now it's just an ugly little plant.  I'm starting to see new growth so that is good.

mor022904.gif

This it my P. morenesis.  It looked like it was dieing for a while, but it's just bounced back.  It actually looks way better then this now, but I didn't realise it had changed so much over the last week untill I uploaded the picture.  It's got nice rusty pigment along all it's leaves now and has 4 more then seen in this image.

EDIT: additional new pictures added here...

nat022904.gif

When copper sent me this D. natalensis is was so small, smashed and in a little brick of ice from the water around it freezing that I assuemd it would die. You can imagin my delight and surprise when after the first week it remained green, that was several months ago and it has now reached about 3/4 of a cm in diameter. Lets just hope this delicat creature can survive to maturety for me.

primcop022904.gif

This is another one of the plantlets sent to me by Copper. It's a P. primulifolia and has been happilly sitting in my wet loving baby plant tray of goop and doubled it's size since then. I also just got a mass of mature plants from another source, but I forgot to take a picture, sorry.

raff022904.gif

Yet another picture of my first lowland, N. rafflesiana var. nivea clone??? Yah, I still don't know what to do about the varrient name. I've looked into it, and my plant is a typical, or at least the parent plant was. For some reason mine is retaining the light golden-red hairs on it's oh what is the word.... stupid brain... tendralls and has creamy base coloring with bold red to purple sploteches which gradient on each pitcher top down, you can't see it in the pictures though. The nivea clone is descibed as having white hairs and the same cream base color to the trap. I honestly don't know what to call it yet, so for now it's
rock.gif

sang022904.gif

This is my Sanguniea. It has recoverd from the shock it endured almost 6 months ago, but being a slow grower, it hasn't opened any traps on the fresh leaves since then... at least not on the mature staulk (it has finally opend all of the ones from the trama time though). The main growth has been in it's new baby vine who I expect to start throwing mature traps any time now. When it's happy, it makes traps roughly twice the length of the rest of the leaf.

spatcop022904.gif

Finally, their is this little D. spatulata from Copper. Note how small it looks (you can tell because it's a bad picture). I'm mostly showing this to point out that spats from seed grow really really slowly. I've had many other varients of spats from seed (died in an acident) and they always grow slower then most other dews, so look for that if you have mystery seedlings.

I had some really nice pictures of my better plants, but I don't know were they went. I am thinking I saved them in the wronge folder someplace. I'll try and get those out, I know everyone wants to see my N. ventricosa that is crawling out of it's pot before it's replanted, it looks so silly.

So cute, Darc. Better than my pics, that's for sure!!!!!!!!

Nice pics Darcie! It's great to see photos of people's collections like that. My Judith Finn's leaves are ugly too, but the pitchers are well worth it! It's kinda like the ugly duckling IMHO.

SF:)

Nice plants. It good to see some of the plants again that you bought on the F.M. Garden.
I think I saw some of you plants on the Spring Break edition of Plant Gone Wild. It finally nice to see them without the big censor in front of them.
biggrin.gif

Your plants look like they are coming along nicely.

The N. rafflesiana is just that.. N. rafflesiana. It is a nice plant and starting to show some nice coloring on the pitchers.  The nivea form is very distinct with all white pitchers except for just a little purple on the inside teeth of the peristome.  Maybe later I will load a picture...
Tony

Edit... apparently I had a picture on the website already! too many to keep track of LOL.. ANYWAY here ya go
N. rafflesiana nivea (seedling but you get the idea)
NrafflesianaVniveaCR.jpg

OOh very unusual there

Oh wow, that is very cool and apsolutly nothing like the written description I have, lol. This is one of those "a picture is worth a thousand words" sort of things. Okay, so I'll just note the fact that my plant is fuzzy and get on with things. Thanks for your help.

Back