Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Super Thrive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea I not only use it on my neps I use it on all my plants out door and house. It just seems to give my non nep plants a glowing hue.

Oh can someone correct me on this but I thought I read somewhere that you shouldn't use Superthrive on Droseras.....
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Mar. 14 2004,09:51)]Oh can someone correct me on this but I thought I read somewhere that you shouldn't use Superthrive on Droseras.....
    Yes, that is corrrect.
    LACPS Member
    \"Don't make me sic my targ on you!\" -Jonathan Passow
    www.mulletman.org <--VISIT MY NEW HOMEPAGE&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is superthrive harmful to Drosera? Can you use them safely on Venus FLytraps and Sarracenia's? No wonder my drosera seedlings and plants are doing so bad...
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Flip side, I get the same results. Good stuff MMMMM

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans&#33;\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use superthrive on all of my plants, carnivorous or not. i haven't seen any negative effects on any of them. i have never heard about not using it on sundews.

peace,
    tech...
    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ Mar. 13 2004,17:51)]I've been using it to water my neps, I don't see that its really helping them but I don't see that its really harming them so I guess I'll keep on using it...lol
    I don't think watering your plants with ST will harm them, but don't use superthrive EVERY TIME you water them, just once in a while -in dilute doses as a supplement to regular watering (I like to dilute the solution to about 1 drop per gallon or so I can JUST BARELY BARELY almost kinda-sorta smell the ST in the water). Using ST in every watering is just asking for problems with algae and any other pesky organisms. It is nice to resume watering with normal water in order to flush the soil of the ST.

As many people know, the jury is still out as far as the effectiveness of SuperThrive is concerned.
    It has been shown that ST is not harmful to CP's such as Nepenthes -that is a GOOD thing. However, solid scientific evidence of ST's effectiveness has yet to present itsself. SuperThrive does make SENSE... if that makes sense. What I mean is that when you look at what ST is (most likely) made of, the ingredients add up to a compound that is very helpful for root development. That is why I use it.

I don't use it very often... I have a gallon jug of "Nepenthes: ST" water that is distilled water with 1 drop of ST. I use this water approximatley "whenever I feel like it" which is usually once a month. If I am worried about a plant, I may use a solution of ~1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water.
    I have heard many people say that they soak bare root plants in SuperThrive and that it seems to improve chances of survivability.
    -T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DIONAEA and SUPERTHRIVE:

I am expecting some bare-root VFT's in the mail this week. Has anyone used SuperThrive on VFT's? Is it safe?
    Thanks
    -t

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I water my plants about once every two or three weeks, I don't need to water them that often as they are in a sealed terrarium. So every time I do water them it is with superthrive. But the waterings are so far apart it equates to a superthrive watering every month. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast