What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How goes the growing?

It is not too bad here. It has been in the fifties during the day. The bog is starting to show life.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Mar. 18 2004,07:50)]where do u live !??!!!??!!
Uhhhh..umm..Finch? There's this button labled "Profile" at the bottm of each persons post. Click the one on Spec's post and go down to Location. You will see "Central Coast of California" for his location.

smile.gif

BCK

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lavenderdawn @ Mar. 17 2004,08:00)]Very cool (literally, too!), Scot!  Is that Rochester?  
rock.gif
 Nah, rte. 31 doesn't go through Roch. - does it?  Where are the snow banks?  Just about the same here, except we have frozen snow banks under all that new snow.  Brrr...  
sad.gif
Lavender,
yep! thats Rochester.
The corner of Monroe ave & Oxford St to be specific..
just east of downtown..
I lived a few blocks from there until about a year ago.
Route 31 passes right through Rochester!
literally through the center of the downtown.
it comes in from the East through Newark and Palmyra, then into Fairport and Pittsford, through the city as Monroe ave, then out the West side and on to Niagara Falls..

We did actually lose our big snow pack completely for a few weeks..we did have a semi-warm spell in early march..(meaning highs in the 40's..not super warm, but warm enough to melt all the snow that was on the ground all winter..)
then we got another foot on Tuesday..

I havent been out to Oswego for a few years..I had a bunch of friends in college there back in the late 80's - early 90's..
went to several Harborfests back then!
laugh.gif

but none of my friends are there anymore..
I never did see any of the lengendary Oswego snow!
how much did you guys get this year?
we had an average year..only 100-ish inches..a weak effort!
a measley 9 feet! how embarassing..

although thats the "official" numbers as measured at the airport, which is maybe 10 miles from the lake..up here next to the lake where I live, we easily get double that amount..

I think Syracuse won the "upstate snow derby" this year..
( if Oswego was in on that, they would ALWAYS win! ;)

found a story!
http://www.usatoday.com/weather/news/2004-02-02-snow-derby_x.htm

Scot

Back