What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How goes the growing?

Who's growing what?
and how is it growing for you this summer?

im growing few dif things all doing great
how is every one eles doing this year?

Summer time?!  
laugh.gif

we are expecting some snow tonight and tomorrow..
higest temps so far this year is about 45F..most days have been in the 30's..nights still below freezing.
it wont be *spring* for a good month yet..
Summer is still 3 months away..

but..my CPs are doing very well this "spring"!
they came out of the fridge a month ago, they are sitting indoors next to my big sliding glass door..
lots of new growth in the last month..
VFTs are fully operational, and many Sarracenia pitchers are growing tall..
my D. Binata looks better than it ever has!
everyone survived their 3-month fridge dormancy.
they will go outside for the season in about a month..maybe 2 or 3 weeks if they are lucky..

still officially winter here though..
sad.gif

scot

Well, it's spring here in Houston alright.My judith Hindle hybrid came out of dormancy about four weeks ago and has four 6" pitchers that look like they'll grow another 8" to 12" before they open.The ladies in waiting are twice the size and have a long way to go before they open. The S. Alatas,S. X Scarlett Bell, and Leucos are just starting to pitcher. My Dionaeas, Darlingtonias, and droseras are showing good growth. Around Christmas I saved a bunch of VFT,S. purpaea, and Darlingtonias
biggrin.gif
. Lowes was still trying to make them grow
so I brought them home and stuck'em in the fridge. The ones I've taken out so far are showing good growth.I'm bringing the rest out today.

Here in Cali, spring is in full swing. Every day for the last 2 weeks has been upper 70s or 80's, clear skies, lotsa sun and just generally beautiful.  All my VFTs are going into summer mode...  My D. capensis are bigger now than ever. D. filliformis has several threads reaching for the sky...  my Sars all have new pitchers growing...  Utrics are all happy..  and my D. dichotoma is HUGE!! And to think..  its just the first couple weeks of spring..  in a couple months Im gonna have a jungle on my hands  hehe.

Steve

It's working on being spring here. Temps in the 50s to low 60s during the day and dropping to the mid to high 20s at night. My plants are beginning to show signs of the longer days. My d. binata is flowering, my filiformis has threads all over the palce from 3 or 4 growth points. It's also doing a great job of catching the gnats from my daughter's plants. My VFT's are sending up more flower stalks (reminds me I need to trim them off yet). Even one of my N. ventricosas is sending up a flower spike (it's still emerging from the leaf). It's my first nep flower.

smile.gif

BCK

it was working on being spring here. Tempswerein the 50s during the day and dropping to the mid to high 20s at night.

And then it snowed most of the day today and all them early robins froze their little buttuxis off

It's been in the 40s and 50s here in the day and 30s at night. So I thought spring was coming. Now they're saying we could get 5-9 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow!!! Then by the weekend it could be close to 60 out!! March is certainly a weird month.

-buckeye

30's and low 40's here. Soon I'll be taking my sarrs, VFTs, and sundews out. ^_^. I cant' wait.

Sounds like every one is going good so far. my ping flowered an has a second flower on the way up so its been good for me so far to.

I have flowering dews, pings and sarras. First sarra flower opened yesterday.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dyflam @ Mar. 16 2004,04:01)]I have flowering dews, pings and sarras. First sarra flower opened yesterday.
smile.gif
give us pics! i miss your crystal clear photos of cps
sad.gif

Boy, do i miss spring.

It's snowing right now in MARCH.

It's snowing here too. We're supposed to get 4 to 10 inches by Wednesday morning.

I can't believe how LITTLE it is snowing in MARCH right now ;) lol. I still wake up and expect a foot of snow on the ground in the morning.

It snowed alot out here in c.t. it was feeling like summer till today. i was about to plant the tomato an cucumber garden to good thing i didn't do that yet :>

i notice my ping didn't make it im looking for a new one if any one might have any type of ping to trade i have a spare d.spathulata i could trade for it.
so far other than that it has been a good winter for me.

also i had a question if any one knows plz pm me or post a reply, do 10 gallon to 100 gallon fish takes work well for cp's? i was going to try some this summer but before i spend any money on it i thought i might ask around.

live webcam photo..taken mere minutes ago..

temp-snow.jpg

It doesn't look warm there!

We had some snow last week, but now it's nice and sunny with temps about 13C. Was 16C the other day and nice and warm in the greenhouse. Some sarras are starting flowers and the VFTs are stirring into life.

Very cool (literally, too!), Scot!  Is that Rochester?  
rock.gif
 Nah, rte. 31 doesn't go through Roch. - does it?  Where are the snow banks?  Just about the same here, except we have frozen snow banks under all that new snow.  Brrr...  
sad.gif

where do u live !??!!!??!!

Back