User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Red-tailed hawk close encounter!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Ok something really awsome happened to me a few minuts ago. I was climbing a bunch of fallen trees out behind my house and scared away a flock of chipping sparrows from the pile of wood. They flew a short distance away and settled down. Then i saw a pigion flying over the feild. A pigeon with really pointy wings. Then i realized it was a hawk.

And, as i was watching it, it plunged, no more than 20 feet from me talons outstretched, and grabbed someting off the ground. Then it flew over my head and i could see the prey clutched in its talons and its red tail.

I folowed it to a lightpoast, where it prompltly ripped feathers out of it and fed.

It was so awsome! I relize now that the sparows were in the woodpile hiding from the hawk, and if i hadnt come along they would have been fine. I feel sort of guilty, but im just too exited at the momen to feel bad.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's awesome! I've seen ospreys diving for fish around here, but nothing like that!

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome! that sparks my interest in falconry again! too bad i cant find a sponsor [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]