What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Killifish

• Thread starter Daniel
  • Start date
Well this recent Sunday was a big day for killifishers. The Chicago Killifish Association recently had a big day. We even had a guest speaker name Rosario LaCorte, his speech was filled with great tips, and it was just fascinating to listen to him.

But that wasn't the best part. I recieved a Gold Australe, and some Gardeneri "misaje" eggs. These fishes are just bueatiful and great to have.

I will post pictures right when my sister buys me a camera
biggrin.gif

Special thanks goes to Bobby, he introduced me into killifish, and they are something you'll never regret.

Daniel-

Gold Australe are very pretty killies. I bred them years ago.
Get some pics up then. I with I had some extra room for some again. I'm just about ready to set up a 29 gallon tank to raise my discus fry.

Arnt killfishes short lived?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Mar. 23 2004,18:17)]Arnt killfishes short lived?
only in the wild when their ponds dry up. in captivity they live forever as long as you dont let them dry out
tounge.gif

Strangely enough there was a discovery show on tonight that had a little segment on Killifish, I think it was one of the "Most Extreme" shows that are on.
Interesting fish, though they didnt show any species variety. Are they pretty colorful? I just have boring old Oscars (8" & 12").

Joe

i have no fish. not yet at least! i want a saltwater aquarium.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ Mar. 23 2004,16:48)]Interesting fish, though they didnt show any species variety. Are they pretty colorful? I just have boring old Oscars (8" & 12").

Joe
As far as looks go, some are rather plain but most are really beautiful.  Take a look at the AKA Gallery.  
wink.gif

Merlin

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i want a saltwater aquarium.

Do you have any experence with freshwater aquariums???

There ae lots of tropical fish enthusiests here. you can ask them questions

i have experience with freshwater aquariums and making water gardens. my step father has a water garden that has koi fish. it's beautiful. i know it's hard work and very expensive with saltwater aquariums but it's something I have always had a passion to do. I take good care of fish and I'm always cautious with them.

I saw that discovery show too! it was near the end of that 50 outrageous animal facts show on animal planet. that was a funky show! what was with all the weird beeps and sounds and squeaks?
laugh.gif

I saw that outrageous facts too

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]what was with all the weird beeps and sounds and squeaks?

It was weird, but the show woudnt be as funny without it.

Back