User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Survey on Member Religious Preferences - Choose what best describes your beliefs

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Far East religions i.e. Taoism, Hinduism, Confuciousism, Buddhism, etc.

3 2.75%
  • Islamic religions

0 0%
  • Jewish religions i.e. Messianical Jew, Yiddish, Orthodox etc.

0 0%
  • Christian religions organized before 1800 A.D.

19 17.43%
  • Christian religions organized after 1800 A.D.

24 22.02%
  • Pagan

4 3.67%
  • Atheist

23 21.10%
  • Different religion not based on a belief of traditional God(s).

2 1.83%
  • I draw my beliefs from one or more religious traditions to make it my own.

16 14.68%
  • Don't affiliate with a religion or have any interest.

18 16.51%
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey on Member Religious Preferences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Peter,

Thanks for your reply, but did you check out my link? I don't think you understand the MANY witnesses of Joseph Smith dictating the text of the Book of Mormon to a scribe. There is no doubt he completed the WHOLE book in under 70 days! Their was no part of his intelligence or mine or anyone I know who could write it in that time. Plus, what exactly did Joseph have to gain by inventing the Book of Mormon? He was an honest man, and definitely no creator of the longest ongoing successful hoax of all time.

On the other hand, If satan had a part in Joseph Smith and the organization of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, what did Satan have to gain? Where in the people of my church do you observe Satan's plan? Sigh, I only wish you could look me straight in the eyes and accuse me and my faith of following the devil. I know you wouldn't think ill of me or any "Mormon." Hehe, I don't think it follows the plan of Satan to build a righteous, family oriented 11 million plus member church. If satan wants to destroy the family why provoke people to preserve the family?

Mike King,

The truth about our Church is, that there is no worship to Joseph Smith. I don't worship him. He was the first man in our day to be called as a Prophet. Through him the Lord Jesus Christ organized HIS church. The Church of Christ. Smith was merely a tool. He had many faults as we all do, and I do not revere him as anyone greater than Christ.

To be a member of our Church is being subject to the Lord Jesus Christ. As I feel that you are also subject to the Judgment of Jesus Christ in your Church too. There is no mystery of my witness of Christ. Above all I hope that is the major consensus. That Odysseus believes in Christ.

Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup as the keeper of heaven in south park said. Mormon, yes Mormon is theright religion to get into heaven lol. but seriously i guess a Mormon would know more about their own religion, but on the other hand we are on the outside looking in and what we see is different from what you see.
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Odysseus, I followed your link and read the page. According to the Koran, Mohammed also received a revelation from an "angel". When I referred to Satan, I did not imply that Mormons worship him or anything. What I meant is that he easily could have appeared as an angel and given Smith a twisted revelation. His goal is to draw us away from God.
    Also, you say Smith was the first prophet to appear since centuries ago. However, he happens to have been a false prophet, as you would know if you followed the link. Smith may not have been a perfect man, but if you read the Old Testament, you will find that all the prophets God sent only prophesied truthfully. How do you explain that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's "true" and proper is clearly in the eyes of the beholder. To these atheist eyes, the differences between Joseph Smith, and the authors of the books collected into the Bible by the Council of Nicea are minor. Sure, each text can be analyzed for self-contradictions, but the correspondence of either one to some actual "truth" is equally subjective. As much as one hopes, and as deeply convinced as any of us are of what is true and what isn't, all of us are fallible, subject to confusion and error, and beset by preconceptions. This includes our ability to judge the truth of theses sacred texts.

From my perspective, Odysseus's belief in the doctrine of the Mormon church is no different from anyone else's belief in the doctrine of whatever their church is. His claim to be a "Christian" is every bit as valid as anyone elses.

This doesn't mean we can't have debate (which I love to do), but rather that we ought not assume that any of us has a monopoly on the truth, or that we must correct the errors of belief in others. All religion, and indeed all beliefs require a leap of faith, the success of which can only be judged by each individual for themselves.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rubrarubra @ Mar. 31 2004,2:29)]What I meant is that he easily could have appeared as an angel and given Smith a twisted revelation. His goal is to draw us away from God.
    You must not know very many people of my church. Why do you think that we are drawn away from God? Every belief you have about Christ being our Savior, we seem to share in equal parts! How then am I turned away from God?

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Also, you say Smith was the first prophet to appear since centuries ago. However, he happens to have been a false prophet, as you would know if you followed the link. Smith may not have been a perfect man, but if you read the Old Testament, you will find that all the prophets God sent only prophesied truthfully. How do you explain that?
    I am sorry. But I have read that link and it is the sound of men contemplating sentences given and translating them in their own ways. The link mentions "Prophecies of Joseph Smith NOT fulfilled" does that imply that there are prophecies which DID come true? I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet. Alike even John the Beloved many prophecies of Joseph have not been fulfilled because it is not time.

As Capslock said an amount of Faith is required. That is the EXACT point! God's plan is not PROVEN, but we are tested with contradictions to learn for ourselves how far our faith will take us. I have faith that even through the mistakes of Paul, Peter, and etc. that their words are true. Christ existed and died on the cross and arose on the third resurrected in glory. Alike their mistakes, Joseph Smith has made them. I know he is was a prophet of God, and I know that God works through prophets.

If you believe in false prophets you MUST believe in its opposite. TRUE PROPHETS. Now, who ARE then the true prophets of our day? Prophets not unlike Moses who spoke for God and leads us through revelation today? Who, Peter, do you follow as a Prophet?

Seriously, you claim to follow all of God's word but you haven't spoken about your own religion. Does it have Apostles and Prophets? Leaders who aren't paid clergy who lead your Church honestly?

I think it is an interesting fact that since my church has accrued billions of dollars in investments and spends millions on Temples and Church buildings worldwide. It is interesting that with all that money NOT ONE of our Prophet's have taken his leadership priviledges and embezzled any of that money.

Our Prophet's who you claim are "wolves" in Sheep's clothing, seem to have an unbelievable amount of integrity and honesty in the face of so much wealth to be gained! They are honest men. Honest and reliable and I will continue to follow them because they represent a Christ who is perfect and honest and reliable.
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When did Joseph Smith die?
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just examinining some of the Mormon beliefs: Odysseus, you say that Christ was created in the same way man was created. Please read John 1, V1 and V14.. and also Gen 1, 26,27.
    You also belive that from the article of faith " we believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel" This is complete twisting of the truth. The Bible says in Romans Ch 3 v21 to 26 . In short its simple faith in God alone which saves..

Best Regards

Mike King

NCCPG National collection holder of Sarracenia

http://www.carnivorousplants.uk.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capslock, men may become confused about the truth, but God does not. I am simply trying to uphold the truth so that people see a clear image of the truth as seen in God's word, which is very easily confused by compromise.

Odysseus, about 1 in 10 of Smith's prophecies have been fulfilled. I could do that well myself. However, not one prophecy in the Old Testament has proven to be false, though many have already been fulfilled.
    When I say Mormons are drawn away from God, I mean that by following mixed truth you cannot experience the whole truth as God meant for you, and you are separated from God.
    As for me. I have a relationship with God, which takes the highest priority in my life. If follow him by faith, and by his word in the Bible. I try to model myself after Christ. I donít follow any prophet, but instead, Godís word which is spoken through them. We donít need prophets like Moses anymore. Now that we are redeemed by Jesus, we can speak directly to God, without a priest or a prophet in between.
    You say leaders in the CLDS are righteous and honest. The Pharisees and Saducees were some of the most righteous people of their time, and yet Jesus said in Matthew ch. 5 ďFor I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed that of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.Ē
    There have been many leaders in the Church who find themeselves in a high position, and somehow it gets to their heads, God loses his importance in their lives, and they find themselves doing terrible things. Man is fallen, and as you said, even the best people aren't perfect.

Peter

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast