User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Survey on Member Religious Preferences - Choose what best describes your beliefs

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Far East religions i.e. Taoism, Hinduism, Confuciousism, Buddhism, etc.

3 2.75%
  • Islamic religions

0 0%
  • Jewish religions i.e. Messianical Jew, Yiddish, Orthodox etc.

0 0%
  • Christian religions organized before 1800 A.D.

19 17.43%
  • Christian religions organized after 1800 A.D.

24 22.02%
  • Pagan

4 3.67%
  • Atheist

23 21.10%
  • Different religion not based on a belief of traditional God(s).

2 1.83%
  • I draw my beliefs from one or more religious traditions to make it my own.

16 14.68%
  • Don't affiliate with a religion or have any interest.

18 16.51%
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey on Member Religious Preferences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

"To be a real philosopher all that is necessary is to hate some one else's type of thinking."
    -William James
    Just thought I'd throw that in to see if you're thinking about your thinking... I am finding this all very interesting.
    I've been waiting to see if the other Pagan would identify themself. How about PM'ing me if you don't want to be public about it?
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly Peter. I don't think I went of on side points at all! With every reply I tried to answer your claims and others so, each post included more than just answers to you. I feel LavenderDawn is right with her quote. I think you have hated the way I think, so that has made this argument a dead-end no matter how well I wrote. I just don't think I did bad, and I don't think it would have gone better had I written better. I feel that you already hated my perspective and didn't like any of it from the beginning. Sigh.... Oh well. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (nightbreed @ April 03 2004,5:40)]I am a new Christian, but I must add, what about the Bible being rooted in history backed by archaeological findings. If I'm not mistaken what archaeological facts have been founded by Joseph Smith's claims? And corrrect me if I'm wrong, for example, a claim that Christ appeared to the North America Indians during those 40 days?
    Archaelogical finds have been made. All of the buildings in Peru, Mexico, and Central America could link to the people of the Book of Mormon. Those people in South America had quite an advanced Civilization. The Book of Mormon is the only possible record talking about that civilization. I won't go in to all of the archaelogical finds, because most people accept those finds in different ways. As Mormons we are glad to see some proof that the people of the Book of Mormon existed, but to others they don't want to tie the Aztecs, Mayans or Incas to the people of the Book of Mormon. Because, if they did...they would basically be saying that the Book of Mormon is true. And they don't want to say that.

But, have you heard of Quetzalcoatl? The "feathered Serpent" the Aztecs believed would come again some day, and they mistook Cortes for being their White God with a Beard. Who would return from the East. The "feathered Serpant" touched almost every aspect of the Ancient people's lives and today there ARE MANY images of Him in their temples and such. Belief in Quetzalcoatl has not been discovered by a Mormon. No, that is a historical figure who Archaelogists have no answer as to who he is. Check out this website aboutQuetzalcoatl
    You will see what I am talking about. In the Book of Mormon Christ came and visited the people and said He would return. If you study Quetzalcoatl try to ask yourself who He could be? And if you are open minded, you will see that one of the best logical choices, is Jesus Christ Himself. But in homage to Reading Rainbow..."You don't have to take my word for it!"
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    who are the pagans here anyway?? I was actually into wicca for a while, while i was searching for the religion that was for me. i love studying religions.
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Aaron,
    Quote[/b] ]1. God is the Father of Jesus Christ and they are NOT one being, but two seperate beings belonging to a Godhead. God, the Father WAS not on Earth at the time of Jesus Christ's life. God, the Father is NOT Jesus Christ. They are seperate
    That is where the doctrine of the Mormon church is wrong..

Jesus identified himself with God the father

teaches that there is 1 God (Deuteronomy 6 v 4 to 9 'Hear O isreal the Lord our God is one Lord..

Therefore, I believe

1 God
    Father,Son, Holy Spirit each God
    Father, Son, Holy Spirit each distinct.

Odysseus, Jesus used very much the 'I AM' statement especially throughout the gospel of John, thats why the Jewish authorities got very upset when Jesus said 'Before Abraham was, I AM..' The importance of 'I AM' is God's name (Yahweh) or 'YHWH'. John 1 verse 1 ..a the word was God' clearly identifies Jesus being God.
    The fact is there is only one God, not 2 gods or more as mormonism teaches.
    God the Father never had an immortal physical body, Jeus said 'God is Spirit, and we should worship him in Sprirt and truth.
    Jesus in John 15 makes a distinction between himself, God the father and the Holy spirit, and hence the 'Trinity' or 'One God in 3 persons' teaching has come about. But the truth is there is one God!
    Best Regards

Mike King

NCCPG National collection holder of Sarracenia

http://www.carnivorousplants.uk.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's quite simple to think of really. You are one person but you may also be a father, a son, a husband, and employee. The trinity is for our benifit but still one God. I don't believe we should place God in a box of our limited understanding. If you look at Genesis 1:26 you'll see the Trinity was already in existance.
    I always suspect everything is a trap....thats why I'm still alive

Times fun when you're having flys

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well put. God should be considered unlimited. I mean, if you created everything, then how could you be limited to something.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

I don't argue that God was unlimited in His power at all! I believe Him to have more power and understanding than I could ever hope to imagine. I just believe in one young man's witness of Jesus Christ and God the Father. That young man was Joseph Smith in 1820, he testified that he saw them as two seperate beings. Joseph Smith was only 14 at the time he testified of that and had no reason to lie about his witness. To claim what he claimed when it was directly against the major consensus at the time, why would he do that? He had nothing to gain. He received much persecution for that, and I see absolutely no reason that he would act to provoke such persecution. I believe him to be an honest boy, who saw God and learned of himself that God and Jesus Christ were two seperate beings.

The belief that Jesus Christ and God, the Eternal Father are two seperate God's doesn't imply ANY limitations to God's power. Besides what would you make of Stephen's account while he was being stoned to death? King James Version :
    Quote[/b] ]54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.
    55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
    56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
    57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,
    58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
    59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

(New Testament | Acts 7:54 - 59)
    I believe in Stephen's words and the words of Joseph Smith. Christ is God, and does stand Perfect and in full glory on the right hand of God, the Eternal Father. Both are the Gods of this Earth, and members of the Godhead along with the Holy Ghost, the third God. Those three God's make up the Godhead spoken of in the Old and New Testaments of the Bible.

Does that make sense? Any questions please ask here or PM me.
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (www.dtl.org) This Christian website has MUCH information. Look up Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc., there on the website. "But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light". Ephesians 5:13 NKJV