User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Survey on Member Religious Preferences - Choose what best describes your beliefs

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Far East religions i.e. Taoism, Hinduism, Confuciousism, Buddhism, etc.

3 2.75%
  • Islamic religions

0 0%
  • Jewish religions i.e. Messianical Jew, Yiddish, Orthodox etc.

0 0%
  • Christian religions organized before 1800 A.D.

19 17.43%
  • Christian religions organized after 1800 A.D.

24 22.02%
  • Pagan

4 3.67%
  • Atheist

23 21.10%
  • Different religion not based on a belief of traditional God(s).

2 1.83%
  • I draw my beliefs from one or more religious traditions to make it my own.

16 14.68%
  • Don't affiliate with a religion or have any interest.

18 16.51%
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey on Member Religious Preferences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capslock,

Thanks for what you said. I appreciate to know that more than my challengers are reading this thread and perhaps my words are finding other people who may in fact be interested or simply appreciative. You said you were, and that means alot to me. Thanks!

God's Garden,

You are right we STILL haven't built that Temple in Jackson, County. Man oh man I wish we had. But, we had a little problem that you alluded to. In Illinois the Governer Boggs issued an Extermination order to get rid of all Mormons in Illinois. The people in Missouri were no kinder to the Mormons and as you said, "cloud of dust was left behind" when they were forced to leave their homes.

There was serious animosity against the Church and it would mean war in order to "force" our way into Jackson, County to build a temple. Our Temple in Nauvoo was burned down and it cost us today's equivalent in millions to build. We could not financially nor intelligently build up a Temple to the Lord where arsonists could very well burn it down.

The Prophesy hasn't come true in the time alotted. I agree with that. But it wasn't a "false" Prophecy. Some day their will be a Temple. I believe that to be true. Some day their will be. And some day a New Jerusalem will be built. It hasn't yet. But, it will have to built. I just don't know when.

Oh and by the way, what about Oliver Granger? He wasn't an Apostle or anything...he was just asked to take command of the Church affairs of Kirtland a long time ago. If you want read the Doctrine and Covenants and you could read about him, if you're curious. His name is mentioned in D&C 117:12.

Take care, everyone! Good luck with all of your plants!

--Aaron
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Odysseus,
    If a prophesy isn't 100% fulfilled, it is a false prophesy. All biblical prophesies were fulfilled on time. There are prophesies Joseph Smith made that weren't and never will be fulfilled. For example, he predicted that his son would become president (of Israel?). Anyway, his son died before he ever received the position.
    Peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

I have also been following this thread & I agree totally with Capslock. I admire you, Aaron, for how you have stood against these 'questioners.' Always calm & cool & rational. Have you noticed the poll continues to get votes? I honestly am surprised at how many people identify with being atheist.
    By the way, I read in the NY Times today that the governor of Illinois went to Salt Lake City to publicly apologize for the harassment & murder of Joseph Smith.
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow! this subject is still going and going and going! Cool!!! Mormons came to my house yesterday and my mom had read the Book of Mormon before and so she was just asking all these questions and talking to them for a long time.
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Lavender! That is very kind words. Thank you.

I want you, Capslock, Rubra, God's Garden, zappa, Mike, and etc. to know that my intentions here has NOT been to convert anyone to my way of thinking or believing. My purpose began as false statements about my church being made, so I defended our position on them. With the thousands of CP'ers here I apparently am the only member of my Church, and so it was very important to me that no rumors were spread any further when I could help it.

I did not want to "prove" that I am right. I certainly don't feel that I have proved anything or that I could. I just wanted other's to see what I believe and hopefully enjoy them. Maybe, even open their arms to members of my church in the future, and see them as fellow Christians if possible.

Best wishes!

--Aaron

WPG, that is interesting! I wish your Mom good luck!
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

No problem, Aaron.
    Did you get to see the Illinois governor (sorry, I don't remember his name) when he came to town?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too agree with Capslock and Lavenderdawn, both said exactly what I have been feeling.
    To be quite honest my interest in CP's comes and goes (as does the time I have available to devote to them) however I have been coming to the forum just to keep an eye on this thread. It is interesting.

I also agree with your words Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I have heard everyone's opinion on here about my church and I felt that I did a good job dealing with the opposing views and calmly responded and explained the true beliefs of my church. But, nonetheless, the opinions have not changed. And I don't want to waste my time if nobody is open minded about my church.
    It is very difficult to alter people's beliefs, and I don't necessarily mean to alter them to be the same as your own but even altering them to be more accepting of your own, and much of the time people don't want them altered which makes it that much more difficult.

For those that enjoy debating religion or just browsing to read about other people's opinions there are some fairly high level discussions here:

Theology Online Forums

Cheers, Troy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Hey, Troy! I thought you were out chasing down some rare neps or something like that. Good to *see* you!
    Thanks for that link.