User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Survey on Member Religious Preferences - Choose what best describes your beliefs

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Far East religions i.e. Taoism, Hinduism, Confuciousism, Buddhism, etc.

3 2.75%
  • Islamic religions

0 0%
  • Jewish religions i.e. Messianical Jew, Yiddish, Orthodox etc.

0 0%
  • Christian religions organized before 1800 A.D.

19 17.43%
  • Christian religions organized after 1800 A.D.

24 22.02%
  • Pagan

4 3.67%
  • Atheist

23 21.10%
  • Different religion not based on a belief of traditional God(s).

2 1.83%
  • I draw my beliefs from one or more religious traditions to make it my own.

16 14.68%
  • Don't affiliate with a religion or have any interest.

18 16.51%
Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey on Member Religious Preferences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lavender,

I didn't. My town is a half-hour away from Salt Lake and with traffic between those two it becomes often an hour and half! So, I don't go very often. But, I think the news that the Governer has issued an official apology is VERY gracious. He didn't have to do it, but he did and I think that shows that my church is being appreciated as a respected Church and not a terrible "cult" it sometimes is portrayed as.

I share the emotions many members of my church have, that this is a final closure to such a sorrowful time. In the conflict we made mistakes, and the government made mistakes and lives were lost. It was a very sad time, and I am glad to see it come to an official end. It is now only history, I just hope history doesn't repeat itself.

Take care, Lavender!
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,
    I have found interest in the Mormon beleifs (though I find them sometimes to be too interesting ). I too have not been trying to convert anyone. I started debating when Mormons and JW's were classified as "Christian".

Odysseus, you have not adressed the issue of the trinity in the your last two posts. Does this mean something?

Peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nor has Aaron remarked on why the bible in Deutoronomy states 'Hear O Israel, The Lord (Yahweh) our God (Elohim) is one Lord (Yahweh)!
    Best Regards

Mike King

NCCPG National collection holder of Sarracenia

http://www.carnivorousplants.uk.com

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys! I just spent the past hour or so perusing the posts on this topic - from page 18 --->1. I had no idea there was a good debate going on. I thought it was just a poll.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With regard to the Trinity: Who Raised Jesus From The Dead?
    I Thess. I:10 - The Father raised the Son.
    John 2:19 - Jesus raised Himself.
    Romans 8:11 - The Spirit raised Jesus.
    Acts 2:24,32 and Romans 10:9 GOD raised Him from the dead.
    Jesus rose once - NOT 3 times!

This is a quote from a website I found: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Part...1/trinity.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christs birth was of the Holy Spirit -Matthew 1:20
    His name translated = "God With us."-Matthew 1:23
    So we can see here that the Holy Spirit acted like a father for
    He is of the same essence as the Father, and a father is always the one who plants the seed. A father always has to be part of the procreation. And Jesus has another name just as the Father has many in the Old Testament. See the liknesses there ?
    So what I see here is three persons in one God.
    This is what I see in this passage
    Holy Spirit=Father god(Holy Spirit "fathering" Christ)
    Jesus = God(His name is translated God) If that was not true God would never have allowed it to be printed.
    Jesus has another name(Emmanuel) very similiar to
    Father God having many names in the OT.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the one where Moses asks the voice from the non-consummable burning bush who was speaking to him. the reply: "I am." And then Jesus told the Jewish leaders that before Abraham was - "I am." That REALLY got them bent out of shape because they understood the Jesus was claiming to be God (not a God or god). Gotta love it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I haven't been avoiding the Trinity topic at all. I have just been avoiding debating my perspective all together. But, I can answer to your recent posts. No problem! I will do my best. Also, it's not that I have been offended or hurt. Not at all. I was just putting too much effort in a debate where my opinion wasn't amounting to anything. So, I've been focusing elsewhere.

Mike said:
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Nor has Aaron remarked on why the bible in Deutoronomy states 'Hear O Israel, The Lord (Yahweh) our God (Elohim) is one Lord (Yahweh)!
    I believe this is the scripture you were alluding to:
    Quote[/b] ]4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

(Old Testament | Deuteronomy 6:4)
    I agree with you, Mike. That Scripture is talking about Jesus Christ, the same of Galilee and born of the Virgin Mary. I don't dispute anything you said Mike. Only that the name Elohim and Yahweh do not show up.

You must remember that I believe Jesus to be:
    LORD
    GOD
    YAHWEH
    JEHOVAH
    I AM
    THE CREATOR
    and etc...etc...etc...(He has many names.)

and I believe ELOHIM to be:
    GOD the Eternal Father
    FATHER of ALL and literal Father of Jehovah - Jesus Christ.

So in agreement to your post, Mike, and posts that followed, I don't disagree that Jehovah is the great I AM and Jesus of Nazareth was Jehovah. I COMPLETELY agree!

Only addition to my belief, is that there is another God mentioned in the Bible as a seperate being from Christ. I believe that Christ literally was speaking to His Father in these following versus from the New Testament.
    Quote[/b] ]
    41 And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,
    42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
    43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

(New Testament | Luke 22:41 - 43)
    Here was Christ in the Garden of Gethsamene suffering and bleeding from every pore for all of our sins. In this verse, in my opinion, it is a show of positive difference in "WILL" between Christ and the "Father." Christ is suffering and in that time of pain, asked if there could be a different way. But, knowing what MUST be done, He told His Father. Not MY WILL but THINE His Father loving Him and compassionate sends an Angel to comfort Him during the pain.

I sincerely believe that Christ was not talking to Himself. But, to a true Father of His.

On the Cross He spoke again:
    Quote[/b] ]33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.
    34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

(New Testament | Luke 23:33 - 34)

46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

(New Testament | Luke 23:46)
    I hope that you will understand my beliefs. And I hope that all of you have a GREAT Easter and remember the Sacrifice Christ made for us! Have a great Sabbath!

--Aaron
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs