User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Survey on Member Religious Preferences - Choose what best describes your beliefs

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Far East religions i.e. Taoism, Hinduism, Confuciousism, Buddhism, etc.

    3 2.75%
  • Islamic religions

    0 0%
  • Jewish religions i.e. Messianical Jew, Yiddish, Orthodox etc.

    0 0%
  • Christian religions organized before 1800 A.D.

    19 17.43%
  • Christian religions organized after 1800 A.D.

    24 22.02%
  • Pagan

    4 3.67%
  • Atheist

    23 21.10%
  • Different religion not based on a belief of traditional God(s).

    2 1.83%
  • I draw my beliefs from one or more religious traditions to make it my own.

    16 14.68%
  • Don't affiliate with a religion or have any interest.

    18 16.51%
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Results 185 to 192 of 320

Thread: Survey on Member Religious Preferences

  1. #185

    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Aaron,
    Once I got the scanning file size thing sorted, you will see my study notes on the whole subject!

    Best Regards

    Mike King

    NCCPG National collection holder of Sarracenia

    http://www.carnivorousplants.uk.com

  2. #186
    Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mike. I look forward to it.

    Peter,

    My previous answer to Mike's post included the phrase, "except that Yahweh and Elohim are included." I was wrong. Mike was making a valid point using Hebrew versions of the text and I mistook that. I made part of my answer a mistake. But the rest of mhy answer still stands. If you want, go back and read it.

    Seriously, I don't know why you keep accusing me of not giving my answer...


    WPG,
    Yep. We are. So far Mike, Zappa, Peter, Jim Scott and a few others stand on the Trinity being that God is in fact one being including Jesus Christ, God the Father, and the Holy Ghost.

    I am so far the only one believing that Jesus Christ and God the Father and the Holy Ghost are all THREE seperate beings. But all part of the Godhead.

    Does that catch you up a bit?
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

    My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

  3. #187
    rubrarubra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Ventura county, southern CA
    Posts
    330
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, as for the rest of your argument...

    I don't think God wanted for Jesus to die either. However, it was the only way to save us.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Seriously, I don't know why you keep accusing me of not giving my answer...
    I guess I'll repeat the unanswered argument I posted earlier.

    John 1:10 - "He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not."

    Genesis 1:1 - "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."

    Job 33:4 - "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life."

    These verses show three parts of the Trinity having made us. We can not have been made by three different beings.

    Peter

  4. #188
    Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rubrarubra @ April 13 2004,8:46)]
    I don't think God wanted for Jesus to die either. However, it was the only way to save us.
    Hey Peter, I am confused here by this. The way you phrased your statement, you made God and Jesus two seperate beings. Do you or do you not believe in the Trinity? I just wrote to WPG saying that you do, but I apologize if I was wrong. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]
    I guess I'll repeat the unanswered argument I posted earlier.

    John 1:10 - "He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not."

    Genesis 1:1 - "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."

    Job 33:4 - "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life."

    These verses show three parts of the Trinity having made us. We can not have been made by three different beings.

    Peter
    Let me make sure I have all that you are saying here correct. Real quick I am going to break down your scripture references to the Trinity. Bare with me.

    John 1:10 talks about the Light. I am assuming that we both agree that "The Word" and "The Light" are symbolic references to Christ right? Thus, John 1:10 is about Christ. Ok, one part of the Trinity.

    Genesis 1:1This verse makes reference to God as the Creator of Heaven and Earth. Another member of the Trinity. Ok...

    Job 33:4 Here Elihu is talking to reprove Job's three friends and is reasoning with Job. He mentions the words Spirit of God. Ok. The Holy Ghost is the third member of the Trinity belief, but I don't believe the reference in Job 33 is referring to the Holy Ghost as much as it is referring to the power of God.

    Ok. Now for your question:
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] These verses show three parts of the Trinity having made us. We can not have been made by three different beings.
    With whom are you arguing with? I never said that we have been made by three differeing beings. Just that there are three different beings in the Godhead. All Gods, and ALL seperate in physical form.

    My belief is that God, the Eternal Father is the Father of all of us as spirits. God said:
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:
    (Old Testament | Genesis 1:26)
    I believe God and Christ were the "us" and the two "our" references of the text and that they together created Man after their image.
    Christ was "the Word" and "the Light" and was "with God" in John 1. He created the Earth and the Heavens. However, the part which the "Holy Ghost" played in the creation as laid out in Genesis is not apparent from the texts in the Bible. I am not sure, as of now, if the Holy Ghost played a part at all. But, to answer your statement. The only thing I can say, is that I never claimed anything resembling this:
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]We can not have been made by three different beings.
    Peter, I seriously have a hard time answering your claims, because you make arguments about statements I have never literally said. What else can I do?

    Take care.

    --Aaron
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

    My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

  5. #189
    rubrarubra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Ventura county, southern CA
    Posts
    330
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The term "Spirit of God" is used all the time in the Bible and seems always to refer to the Holy Ghost.

    Now how about this verse:

    1 John 5:7 - For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

    Peter

  6. #190

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Posts
    467
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so since you don't believe in the Trinity okay i got that. And you are saying that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are three different beings or Gods? Well then you believe in many Gods then right? I keep seeing God in plural so you believe in many Gods?
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

    Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

  7. #191

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,211
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 3 are not three different Gods. They are seperate, yet one.

    As you can tell, Im a Christian.

    In Genesis one, when in says"Let us", that is referring to the trinity, right?

    Has anyone seen the New & Old Testament Recovery version? We just got one. I'll have to read it.
    1 Nxventrata

    D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

    Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

    S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

    Drosera capensis

  8. #192

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Posts
    467
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Odysseus @ April 14 2004,12:41)]WPG,
    Yep. We are. So far Mike, Zappa, Peter, Jim Scott and a few others stand on the Trinity being that God is in fact one being including Jesus Christ, God the Father, and the Holy Ghost.

    I am so far the only one believing that Jesus Christ and God the Father and the Holy Ghost are all THREE seperate beings. But all part of the Godhead.

    Does that catch you up a bit?
    *takes out Teen Catechism book* Okay this is what Catholics believe. As Catholics we believe the Trinity has three divine persons and one divine nature. Multiplicity in persons. One God, three persons. The Trinity is ONE. We do not confess three Gods, but one God in three persons, the 'consubstantial Trinity.' Thus the Church confesses, following the New Testament, 'one God and Father from whom all things are, and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and one Holy Spirit in whom all things are'. -Catechism, 253, 258
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

    Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •