User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Survey on Member Religious Preferences - Choose what best describes your beliefs

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Far East religions i.e. Taoism, Hinduism, Confuciousism, Buddhism, etc.

3 2.75%
  • Islamic religions

0 0%
  • Jewish religions i.e. Messianical Jew, Yiddish, Orthodox etc.

0 0%
  • Christian religions organized before 1800 A.D.

19 17.43%
  • Christian religions organized after 1800 A.D.

24 22.02%
  • Pagan

4 3.67%
  • Atheist

23 21.10%
  • Different religion not based on a belief of traditional God(s).

2 1.83%
  • I draw my beliefs from one or more religious traditions to make it my own.

16 14.68%
  • Don't affiliate with a religion or have any interest.

18 16.51%
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey on Member Religious Preferences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have to say that I'm not really religious. However I do follow some concepts from buddhism, such as the concepts of Karma and Reincarnation. As such I selected Buddhism from the poll.

dan
    Dan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (snipe128 @ Mar. 25 2004,10:29)]I'm Catholic and have worked in a first responce field for almost 20 yrs off and on.. I've noticed that anyone who claims to be atheist is a follower and just wants to sound PC the "cool thing". But when the chips are really looking bad...It's amazing how they look for God to help them. Is it really that hard to be honest if only to yourself?
    I am an atheist not to look cool. I just don't think there are any Gods. You could say I was catholic but only because I had my communion and confirmation but that of course was down to my parents taking me there.

Even at school I was very good at Religious education but as I got older, I soon made up my mind that there was no such thing.

That's just me. I do respect other people's beliefs
    Paul O'Keeffe.

I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awwwwwww. NOLU you lost your faith but you found a cool avatar!!!!!! i must steal it from you!!! where did you get it!! neways I respect all religions too. Well, there's just one religion I don't understand and that's Jehovah Witnesses. Oh and you should have put Other on the poll. From doing my research Mormon's aren't Christians at all and I don't think Jehovah Witnesses's are either, but they did come out of Christianity though.
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Well, I don't know where you did your research but I think Odysseus can address the Mormon side of things. As far as the 'other' issue - only 10 choices are allowed in these polls. What else do you think would fall under 'other' that isn't already covered here?
    I have studied with Jehovah Witnesses & , yes, they do believe in Jesus Christ being a divine saviour.
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference between Jehovahs witnesses' and true Christians' beliefs is that Jehovahs witnesses stretch parts of verses or teachings to mean what they want it to mean, and ignore the rest. I've seen them make a point with part of a verse, while the other half contradicted their point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

So, you're saying that JW's are not true Christians? I know of quite a few that would take issue with that. And as far as interpreting the Bible goes - JW's also don't have a monopoly on putting their own little spin on what's there.
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (wolfpackgurl @ Mar. 27 2004,12:32)]awwwwwww. NOLU you lost your faith but you found a cool avatar!!!!!! i must steal it from you!!! where did you get it!!
    I also 'borrowed' it from another site. I copied it and put it on some webspace I have
    Paul O'Keeffe.

I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome NOLU. I know JW's probably would say they are Christians. I have a family member who is one. From doing my research they are not Christians. But not being a Christian isn't a bad thing. But they would call themselves Christians b/c of what they believe. But because they believe in Christ doesn't make them Christian. There are other things that define Christianity besides believing in Christ. Oh yeah and about finding that Mormons aren't Christians I went to several websites and read books about it. Mormons are pretty cool!!! But anyways enough of this! Lets all dance the night away!!! Anybody want some cookies and milk? NOLU what website did you find that avatar, I'm not gonna steal it i'm just gonna borrow it w/o asking. lol
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast