User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Survey on Member Religious Preferences - Choose what best describes your beliefs

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Far East religions i.e. Taoism, Hinduism, Confuciousism, Buddhism, etc.

3 2.75%
  • Islamic religions

0 0%
  • Jewish religions i.e. Messianical Jew, Yiddish, Orthodox etc.

0 0%
  • Christian religions organized before 1800 A.D.

19 17.43%
  • Christian religions organized after 1800 A.D.

24 22.02%
  • Pagan

4 3.67%
  • Atheist

23 21.10%
  • Different religion not based on a belief of traditional God(s).

2 1.83%
  • I draw my beliefs from one or more religious traditions to make it my own.

16 14.68%
  • Don't affiliate with a religion or have any interest.

18 16.51%
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey on Member Religious Preferences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was from a football (soccer) forum but it's no longer there. Go ahead and use it
    Paul O'Keeffe.

I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanx!!
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I am saying JWs aren't true Christians. I am not saying they are the only people to twist the bible. But besides screwing God's word, they prophesy falsely. There have been a number of predictions made my the Watchtower that turned out to be false. Personally, I would rather not stand before the Ruler of the Universe after having done these things.
    Peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (wolfpackgurl @ Mar. 28 2004,12:35)]But anyways enough of this! Lets all dance the night away!!! Anybody want some cookies and milk?
    Considering the title of this thread concerns religious preferences, let's stick to the topic, eh? If you don't want to stay on topic, then why comment?
    I would be very interested in just how rubrarubra & wolfpackgurl define Christianity. If it is not believing in Christ, then why would it be called that? Now, whether or not they might be considered 'good' Christians would be another matter & one that would require a value judgement, eh?
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christianity means following Jesus Christ. This includes following his commands and teachings, allowing the Holy Spirit to work through and in you, and maintaining a relationship with God. I am not going to make any guesses at who God will or will not accept into his family, but the Bible does set high standards. I also don't think that there are "good" Christians and "not so good" Christians. But there is a difference between the faith, religion, and a compromise of both.
    Peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no i didn't mean change the subject i meant lets not get into a heated debate. and yes rubrarubra is right Christianity means following all of what Jesus has said. we are not defining Christianity to our standards there is a true defination of Christianity. The name "Christian" was first given to Christ's followers in Antioch not because of their moral goodness but because they believed in what Christ revealed. Those who did not believe all that Christ revealed were not called Christians. So, saying that Mormons aren't Christians does not imply that they are not morally good. Christianity does mean following everything Jesus said and believing in what he taught. If you define Christians as believing in Jesus then yes Mormon's are Christians, but if you want to go in a more definied meaning for Christianity then rubraruba gave an good answer but like i said Christians believe in everything that Jesus taught and said. Here are some things I found out about Mormons.
    The Bible says, "God saved you by His special favor when you believed. And you can't take credit for this: it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it." - Ephesians 2:8-9

But the Mormans disagree with the above. In Article 3 of the Mormon Articles of Faith it says: "We believe that through the atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel."

[For Mormons the Gospel means the Book of Mormon].

website where i found this out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also go here to find out more info on it. http://www.utlm.org/index.htm
    or go to Mormons.com
    like i said if you want to go by Webster's dictionary of what a Christian really is then they are called Christians.

but just to contradict myself here is something from mormons.org.

Question:
    Are you Christians?

Answer:
    Gordon B. Hinckley, President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, said:
    "We are Christians in a very real sense and that is coming to be more and more widely recognized. Once upon a time people everywhere said we are not Christians. They have come to recognize that we are, and that we have a very vital and dynamic religion based on the teachings of Jesus Christ."

"We, of course, accept Jesus Christ as our Leader, our King, our Savior. The dominant figure in the history of the world, the only perfect Man who ever walked the earth, the living Son of the living God. He is our Savior and our Redeemer through whose atoning sacrifice has come the opportunity of eternal life."

"Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints pray and worship in the name of Jesus Christ. He is the center of our faith and the head of our Church. The Book of Mormon is Another Testament of Jesus Christ and witnesses of His divinity, His life, and His Atonement."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so anyone can argue either which personally I would say they are Christians because my belief of Christianity is the belief in the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit. So I guess that is the basic rule of Christianity but there is a more direct defination of Christianity that includes a lot more then just believing in Jesus. Oh well I respect all religions and if Mormons say they are Christian I'm going to agree because to my belief of being Christian they are.

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast