User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Survey on Member Religious Preferences - Choose what best describes your beliefs

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Far East religions i.e. Taoism, Hinduism, Confuciousism, Buddhism, etc.

3 2.75%
  • Islamic religions

0 0%
  • Jewish religions i.e. Messianical Jew, Yiddish, Orthodox etc.

0 0%
  • Christian religions organized before 1800 A.D.

19 17.43%
  • Christian religions organized after 1800 A.D.

24 22.02%
  • Pagan

4 3.67%
  • Atheist

23 21.10%
  • Different religion not based on a belief of traditional God(s).

2 1.83%
  • I draw my beliefs from one or more religious traditions to make it my own.

16 14.68%
  • Don't affiliate with a religion or have any interest.

18 16.51%
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey on Member Religious Preferences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While it is politically correct to say "I think" or I beleive, in my opinion logical argruments, based on true premises, have no need of this.

Anyway, you can't define Christianity as believing in Jesus.
    James 2:19 - "You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe--and tremble!"

Matthew 5:19 - "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Matthew 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

Peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not quite sure how you can be on your death bed, and not give any thought to what you'r saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]When everyone around you uses an expression, you tend to use it, too. Usually without any thought as to the meaning
    Your subconcience puts an awful lot of thought into it, iregardless of your concience thought.
    I always suspect everything is a trap....thats why I'm still alive

Times fun when you're having flys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Your subconcience puts an awful lot of thought into it, iregardless of your concience thought.
    I diagree. I say "for Pete's sake" and "for heaven's sake" all the time. I also say "fiddlesicks" (yes, fiddlesticks....don't ask) and "dog gone it." None of these have any meaning to me other than non-cursing way to express whatever I'm feeling at the moment. They're good fill-in-the-blankers for when you really want to drop some nasty words.

I'll tell you how I can be on my deathbed, and say it. I simple don't beleive in a higher power. Like I said, I may hope to be wrong, but I just don't see the logic. This is just what I beleive. If I'm wrong, we'll only know when we're dead....and if I'm right, we'll never know. Figures.

17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE]None of these have any meaning to me other than non-cursing way to express whatever I'm feeling at the moment. They're good fill-in-the-blankers for when you really want to drop some nasty words.

I'll say this then drop it. The subconscience deals with intent, emotion, thought process, and who knows what else. It's not even completely understood. You're concience has replaced the words, but the emotional context is still the same. In other words you still mean what you mean you're just using different words.
    I always suspect everything is a trap....thats why I'm still alive

Times fun when you're having flys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]In other words you still mean what you mean you're just using different words.
    LOL!! You're so right! And what I really want to say usually can't be repeated on this forum!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A true Christian has a relationship with God. Therefore his faith acts. Jesus said "my sheep hear my voice and they follow me". He also said "he who is not with me is against me". The book of James says " faith without works is dead". A true Christian will love the Lord and do His will out of having a new spirit and desire to do so. Many so called Christians equate works with faith, but they don't really have the desire to do good. In other words they don't have a changed heart. They think doing good works means they have a relationship with God. They forget to inventory their motives and see if they really are trusting Him and seeking Him with all of their heart. That is true faith borne out of a relationship with Him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Schloaty, I must say I don't see your logic either.
    You say if you're wrong you'll find out later. This might, however, come in the form eternal misery. The scientific explanation for existence makes less sense than the idea of there being a God. Even if God didn't exist, you might as well play it safe. As for the practical aspect, if you ask any serious Christian, they can tell you just how much joy, peace and meaning a relationship with Christ brings into one's life on earth, besides what will happen afterward.

As for some of the phrases in question, I do not use them, so as not to take God's name in vain. I sometimes use other meaningless words as an expression of frustration. However, I do not think any nasty thoughts while I say them. I think we naturally find someway to express these feelings, and many people unfortunately use bad words.

Peter

I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmhmm interesting.
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast