User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Survey on Member Religious Preferences - Choose what best describes your beliefs

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Far East religions i.e. Taoism, Hinduism, Confuciousism, Buddhism, etc.

3 2.75%
  • Islamic religions

0 0%
  • Jewish religions i.e. Messianical Jew, Yiddish, Orthodox etc.

0 0%
  • Christian religions organized before 1800 A.D.

19 17.43%
  • Christian religions organized after 1800 A.D.

24 22.02%
  • Pagan

4 3.67%
  • Atheist

23 21.10%
  • Different religion not based on a belief of traditional God(s).

2 1.83%
  • I draw my beliefs from one or more religious traditions to make it my own.

16 14.68%
  • Don't affiliate with a religion or have any interest.

18 16.51%
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey on Member Religious Preferences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Wolfpackgurl,
    The bible has not been changed, there are over 5,000 manuscripts from those times with which we call 'extant copies. They are 99.6% accurate to one another and we can be sure of the text we have today. Moreover we have only 9 copies of Caesar's Gallic wars and no one doubts the accuracy of that either.
    Jesus said 'I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except by me'
    The mormons say God has an immortal body where the bible says 'God is spirit and the JWs believe that Jesus was a created being, not God himself in human form. http://www.lds-mormon.com/cult.shtml

For me I am a Christian who commited my life to following Jesus Christ in 1978.
    Best Regards

Mike King

NCCPG National collection holder of Sarracenia

http://www.carnivorousplants.uk.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try this website wolfpackgurl and see what you find from this one

http://www.scf.org.uk
    Best Regards

Mike King

I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a few things from www.watchtower.org

3. Jehovah has also selected some faithful men and women from the earth to go to heaven. They will rule with Jesus as kings, judges, and priests over mankind. (Luke 22:28-30; Revelation 5:9, 10) Jesus called these corulers in his Kingdom a "little flock." They number 144,000.—Luke 12:32; Revelation 14:1-3.

4. As soon as Jesus became King, he threw Satan and his wicked angels out of heaven and down to the locality of the earth. That is why things have become so bad here on earth since 1914. (Revelation 12:9, 12) Wars, famines, pestilences, increasing lawlessness—all these are part of a "sign" indicating that Jesus is ruling and that this system is in its last days.—Matthew 24:3, 7, 8, 12; Luke 21:10, 11; 2 Timothy 3:1-5.

3. When we pray we should speak to God from our heart. We should not say our prayers from memory or read them from a prayer book. (Matthew 6:7, 8) We can pray in any respectful position, at any time, and at any place. God can hear even silent prayers said in our heart. (1 Samuel 1:12, 13) It is good to find a quiet place away from other people to say our personal prayers.—Mark 1:35.

7. Jehovah listens only to the prayers of righteous people. For your prayers to be heard by God, you must be trying your best to live by his laws. (Proverbs 15:29; 28:9) You must be humble when you pray. (Luke 18:9-14) You need to work at what you pray for. You will thus prove that you have faith and that you really mean what you say. Only then will Jehovah answer your prayers.—Hebrews 11:6.

I hope i'm one of the 144,000 that God chose!!
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I will say it this way. I do believe that certain things have been changed and taken out. People interpret them in different ways. Catholics interpret the Bible differently then Baptist and so on.
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WPG, The 144,000 mentioned refers to Jews who will during the tribulation accept Christ as the risen Messiah. They will spread the gospel through out the world. If you are a Christian you won't be one of the 144,000 because this will happen during the tribulation. This is the time after Christ's return.
    I always suspect everything is a trap....thats why I'm still alive

Times fun when you're having flys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WPG, Satan did not make this world evil, he just does everything he can to pull us away from God. The world is sinful originally because of Adam's fall, and we inherit that sin and continue to do it.

Also, God does hear the prayers of the wicked if they repent. Also see the end of Matthew 5

If you just do what you think is good and hope God picks you, you most likely won't luck out. See Matthew the end of ch. 7

Peter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi WPG,
    To back up what the last 2 guys said, its helpful to read Romans especially chapters from 3 to 8. This way its faith that will save you, not works and good deeds alone which is stressed by the JWs and Mormons. The moment one feels they have to 'please God in order to get to Heaven', this diminishes what Christ had done for us on the Cross. It what comes out of your relationship with Jesus (Good deeds, works) from spontaneity, not from duty which is is a proof of a living faith.
    Best Regards

Mike King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes ,
    Fath in Christ as the risen Lord, and a repentant heart is the start. CONSEQUINTLY the initiation of faith is given by God. After acceptance we can be led by the holy spirit to live according to the fruits of the spirit which other can see as proof of our faith. WE'RE also led to our spiritual gift. Sort of our re-birthday gift from God.
    I always suspect everything is a trap....thats why I'm still alive

Times fun when you're having flys

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast