What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Survey on Member Religious Preferences

Survey on Member Religious Preferences - Choose what best describes your beliefs

• Far East religions i.e. Taoism, Hinduism, Confuciousism, Buddhism, etc.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Islamic religions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jewish religions i.e. Messianical Jew, Yiddish, Orthodox etc.

• Christian religions organized before 1800 A.D.

• Christian religions organized after 1800 A.D.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Pagan

• Atheist

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Different religion not based on a belief of traditional God(s).

• I draw my beliefs from one or more religious traditions to make it my own.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Don't affiliate with a religion or have any interest.

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
Kevin, on the other side, I'd say that your skepticism is well-founded. There are hundreds of stories about God and Gods. The Biblical accounts of the creation of a young earth, if taken literally, do not coincide with the physical evidence. The entire concept of Satan, indeed, makes no sense. An omnipotent God could eliminate Satan in a blink of an eye. As to the question of what happens when you die, consider what it was like to "be" before you were born. That's what I figure death is like.

Finally, whatever you believe, do not be afraid of your convictions, and don't be ashamed to say what you are. I wouldn't go blabbing to your Grandparents, that would be needlessly traumatic, and not worth it. But I would be honest with anyone who asks. There's nothing wrong with religious diversity, and this forum is better off for all the voices it has.

Capslock

I would propose that God would cease to be God (by definition) if He was imperfect or destructive.  Satan exists simply because God allows us our agency.  We may or may not chose what He wants us to do, but that is our choice.  So it was with Satan, and continues to be.  However, there is a consequence to our actions, as there was and will be to his.

Kevin, your doubts are all very understandable given the varying opinions/teachings of different religions on exactly those points.  I can tell you that there are answers that make it all hold together logically, but it's a lot like building a bridge out of stones... you can't get anything to stay up until it's all put together.  

Just because you find the key stone of the bridge lying on the ground doesn't mean it can't hang up in the air given the proper framework.  Keep an open mind, and keep learning, and keep hoping to know, and you'll eventually get the whole bridge at once.

And, if I might add - listen to your inner 'spirit,' voice, guts or however you might describe that feeling when you know something makes sense & something else is just not quite right.  
biggrin.gif

-- Go with what makes sense, in case you were wondering...   and trust your self.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Kevin, on the other side, I'd say that your skepticism is well-founded. There are hundreds of stories about God and Gods. The Biblical accounts of the creation of a young earth, if taken literally, do not coincide with the physical evidence. The entire concept of Satan, indeed, makes no sense. An omnipotent God could eliminate Satan in a blink of an eye.

The skepticism is based on the fact that Satan has blinded unbeleivers from the truth and power of God, unless we see by the light of Christ's salvation. Biblical accounts of the first days are more beleivable than the idea of anything as complex as a roridula to have evolved from a one-celled organism. God could destroy Satan with the blink of an eye, but that wouldn't be much of a punishment when compared with ****.

Satan doesn't make people do evil, but through lies and deceit he fools people into confusion about the truth. This includes luring us into settling for immediate gratification and eternal death instead of the rewarding life on earth and eternal life in heaven that God has planned for us.

Peter

i'm atheist, but i believe in something called the collective collective unconscious. i also believe in astral projection, astral dimensions, all that. i've astral projected before i that's how i know it's real. when you die, i believe your soul, spirit, whatever you want to call it, goes into an appropriet "level" of the astral planes. if your life was a "lie" and your convinced your beliefs are true and aren't open to anything else, then you sort of "stuck" in an area where everyone believes the same thing as you. I believe all of this because people have been there.

check out astralpulse.com and read astral dynamics, its a great book that explains it ALL

Then you gotta teach me that whole astral projection thing, I could really stand to be somewhere else when I'm at work. How is it suppose to work?

its not that easy lol. if it was that easy everyone would do it lol.

besides, when your astral projecting, your body is asleep while your mind is awake.

it takes hours of training, some people have an easier time with it than others, and it can get scary when you dont know whats going on. i've only succeded in doing it two or three times. its a real trip.
heres a webpage:http://www.astralpulse.com
i really suggest you buying Astral dynamics from your local major bookstore, like barns and noble. it explains it all in great detail.

Well, if your asleep than how do you know you haven't just programed your mind to dream what you think your doing? What did you see, and how do you know it's a viable experiance? Could you visit people from the astral plane, and then tell them the next day what you saw them doing?

your mind is awake, but your body is asleep. have you ever woken up and cant move? your body is paralyzed because it's asleep, but your mind is awake and experiancing everything.

i'm not quite sure what you mean when you say "how do you know you haven't just programed your mind to dream what you think your doing?"

i saw a reflection of the physical, that's called the real-time zone. it was night in the physical, so it was night in the real-time zone aswell, however things are all messed up, things are there that aren't there in "real" life and things are missing, things are in different places, there are creatures called "negs" or negative entities, they are harmless but can be frightening, they are just engative manifestations of your own insecurities/fear/etc.

i saw.. people outside my window, i never saw them before. i saw trees in my hallway, etc. all kinds of weird things. you are fully concious of your actions while astral projecting, all it is is your etheric energy seperating from your body. etheric energy is a mich higher vibration than solid thing, all solid matter is just energy at a low vibration , you see.

some people take a card, lay it face down and make sure not to see what it is, then when they astral project, they pick up the card and see what it is, then they can see what if it was right when they wake up.

i heard another story of someone taking a pic. of themselves with a digital camera while out of body, then the enxt day there was an extra blank pic. on the cam.

You can talk with people in the astral planes if both people are out of body at the same time and their vibrations are on the same frequency.

when your first exiting your physical body, its amazing. it feels like you've been hit by a train because the vibrations are so intense. you feel like your levitating, you can feel like your faling, spinning around in the air, etc. i have felt all those. when your "floating" above your body, try to roll out of it and then try to get as far away from your body as you can because there is always a direct link between you and your body, the link looks like a silver chord (that is mentioned somewhere in the bible) and it supplies you with a constant source of etheric energy. if the energy runs out, you are just sucked back into your body. you can not be hurt in the astral planes.

when someone dies, they body becomes frantic and immediately starts to absorb all the available etheric energy that is possibly can, it becomes desperate. then it exist a little while in the real-time zone untill the etheric energy source becomes exausted.

also, an astral projection can feel like HOURS and only last a few minutes. litteraly, you can feel like youve been out of your body for a few hours and only a few minutes have passed, and visa-versa.

also, there are many other beings that exist at higher frequencies than we do, so you can see them and visa-versa. you can ever talk with them.

there is always a "spirit" guide. this , in my opinion, is just a manifestation of your own subconcious, they can help you, warn you, etc etc. its basically talking to yourself, but they may or may not look like yourself.

hope you guys dont think i'm crazy!

No crazier than the rest of us.

I've often thought about the possibility that we're all just disembodied brains in petri dishes in some lab, being fed inputs that seem like normal life. How would you know?

Capslock

lol capslock, that reminds me of the matrix!

by the way, there are cd's/tapes you can buy that help you, only headphone sends out frequency into your hear and the other sends another frequency, these two frequencies alter the frequency of your brain, allowing you to astral project easier/faster. theres also a program out there called brainwave generator (sp) and if you buy the real version (you can download a free version), then you can download files created by other users that REALLY work well.

also, religion doesn't have anything to do with astral projection. you can have any religious beliefs, it's not a sin or anything. in fact, many people thing that the vision given to the author of revelations in the bible was an astral projection.

a word of caution, there ARE crazies out there, alot of people believe in a spiritual war between demons and all that crap, dont believe a word of it.

Anyone ever read "Typewriter in the Sky?" I forget who wrote it.... Anyway, it has a unique and VERY interesting idea about what happens to us when we die..... People from the future come back in time and download our conciousness into a giant future mainframe (sorta a-kin to a VERY technologically advanced multiplayer online game) in the blink before we die (hense the light some near-death experienced people describe). All people know and feel what each knows and feels (like a borg collective for you trekies out there), yet they maintain their individuality.... It was a good read....

schloaty, that reminds me of the place in the astral planes that holds all recods. i totally cant remember the name, but it holds every memory, every experiance, and if you are there you can access it all. i wish i could remember the name!!!

you also have a set of astral eyes, you can see without your body. the most amazing experiance i've had was right after i finished an OBE, i could see every thing in my room in great detail, but my eyes were closed. it was totally dark and not a light was on, it was like i was wearing night-vision goggles. amazing.

the place i was talking about is called the akasha records. its like a big library.

What happens just before you astral project?(what do you see, what happens)
Could you also tell me if I will see my grandad? He traggicly died of cancer on my birthday(June 2nd)
My mom went to a medium, the medium said that she saw him.
Could you post a link to that webpage? I tried going on, it said"page can not be displayed"
And, could you email me or put it on this message board and tell me these exercises and training to astral project. I think I will have an easier time with it than some people.

just before you exit your body, you feel heavy vibraions, for some people they dont feel that much, but when i say vibrations i mean it feel like your body is the ocean and your in the middle of a typhoon. you feel like your being hit by a train (it doesn't hurt, it's just strange) you can see anything, when you get in the right state you see strange colors, patterns, swirls, all sorts of things. this is called hypnagogic (sp) imagery, everyone has it everynight just before they go asleep, but they dont always know it's happening.

i really can't say anything about your granddad, but i know how you feel, my close aunt died of cancer, too. You may or may not see him, it just depends. you could ask your guide to help you if/when you ever meet your guide, i just dont feel comfortable answering this question.

here is the site

all the training excersises are on that website, i REALLY suggest you buy Astral Dynamics, look it up on ebay or have them order it at a bookstore (if they dont already have it)

as for mediums, i dont believe in that stuff at all. they could say they were jesus or king tut in another life, but does that mean it's true?

aim me and we can talk. i can answer your questions there if you want.

when you get out, what you will see entirely depends on where you are at in the astral planes.

by the way, thinking is seeing, so you can make things happen just by thinking it so.

it can be really scary, so if your afraid and let things get out of control, you can have a bad "trip" seriously, i almost crapped myself when i couldn't move my body or even open my eyes after i had my first trip.

some people use drugs like salvia divinorum to help them get in the right state of mind. it's a completely legal drug that shamans used, but i dont think you should do this because it makes your journey become invalid, you will question if it was YOU who did it or if it was the salvia.

i have done this but i remember it really clearly and i have been to a place called future thats what my gid said and it has played out nearly the same as my life now but it only lasts for a month then it dosent play out at all is this just me or can this happen i also didnt even try to astro project so i dont really understand it that much.

im not crazy

no your not crazy at all! i remember mine very clearly, too

Back