What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Companion plants

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Which cp's are good (and safe for the cp) for keeping around rose bushes to cut down the aphid population?

Surely somebody knows something about what cp's eat aphids or other garden pests.
rock.gif

I can't say as I've ever seen any of my cps eat an aphid. I think aphids are secretly super-genius bugs.

Capslock

Hmmm, well I did not have a problem with aphids in my bog. There are traps, sarrs and capensis in the bog.

Some (empises on some) people think that the fruit of the Osage Orange (a  prehistoric native tree with a very restricted natural distribution today. Its fruits were mainly eaten by mammonths and other very large herbavores back in the ice age) will keep insects away

I dunno about that the fruits have never been that good at repeling insects for me. But we are rarely botherd by gnats or blackflies. But i think with the blackflies the reason is that there not common around here

Back