What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing avatars

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I borrowed my avatar from Pond Boy's sister's cat (Mabel) because that cat looked very similar to my cat (Starlight). I want to return Mabel back to Pond Boy and replace it with a pic of mine, also with mouth wide open. I have registered with the Carnivorous Plants Gallery and my pics (blurry) are up there for all to see. I have been successful in emplacing the pic onto my profile page and have sent it to a few forum members, via the PM's. But I can't figure out how to make it my new avatar. Even though I am following the same procedure that works in getting it through the PM's, the profile page, and the topic posting page, it gets rejected as being invalid. I don't understand. It has the Http:// beginning and the jpg ending, but.....

Did you set up the avatar as 64x64 pixels (or less)?

Merlin

No, How do I do that?

You'd use photo editing software. If you want, PM me your email address and I'll do it for you and send it back to you as an attachment.

Merlin

Jim,
You can PM the pic to me and I'll reduce it and send the reduced pic back to you. I'd get IrfanView though. It is a powerful photo-editing tool for the money (free). Lots of bells and whistles. Great for someone who just needs something to edit photos occasionally.

smile.gif

BCK

tell you what, i just looked at my avitar, really looked at it, in just relized that it is a incerdebly ugly bird with a porportionaly small head.

Quick, to googkle image serch!

lmao @ finch!!!!! i went to yahoo.com and went to their photos section and got my avatar!

FYI wolfpackgurl, no one else can see your avatar.

I reconize ppl by their avators...

I can see WPGs avatar. Never had trouble seeing hers, but I can't see LOLU's or VicBrowns avatars. Something about images from http://www.cpuk.org/ gives my computer indegestion and it belches up little boxes with red x's in them where pictures should be.

Now, that's interesting.  I still can't see WPG's avatar but I have no trouble seeing our friends' across the pond avatars.  Mystery!  
rock.gif

if you cant get yours to work, you cna always find another cat yawn picture:
CatYawning01.jpg

just go to google and search, "cats yawning" or go to www.animalyawns.com
cool.gif

Thanx! when I get home I'll do some fiddling around. Can't see WPG's avatar yet. Spec - That is one gnarly looking cat!

I can see wpg avvy just fine!

Just noticed your new avatar, Jim. Nice!
cool.gif
How do you get a cat to yawn when you want it to anyways? I want to get a pic of my cat yawning. A pic of my hairless cat yawning might look funny... I could say its a giant rat with cat teeth!
wink.gif

tounge.gif

wow.gif

I did some image editing to sharpen it a bit. if you use it, just put in the link and backspace the dimensions. that way it doesn't get distorted
YAWN.jpg

heres your origional one with the sharpen affect

I can see WPG's avatar just fine, too -- today  
smile.gif

Spec, just keep your camera handy.  Eventually, all cats yawn.  You could try yawning to 'give' it to your cat.  
tounge.gif

In between the homework, that is...    
wink.gif

For the record, I have always been able to see WPG's avatar..those dolphins have been around for a few weeks! month maybe?
actually, I think I can see everyone's avatar, I have never noticed any little red x's in place of an avatar.
perhaps if you cant see one, its not the avatar, its probably your settings or your computer itself..or if its at work, your company might block certain domains. thats really thre only explanation if some people can see an avatar, and others cant..for those who cant.."it must be you"!
tounge.gif

I made mine myself from one of my own photos!
of my Sarracenia 'excellens'.
I made it for the avatar contest we had awhile back..
Scot

Back