What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Florida Carnivorous Plant Society

Anyone intereseted?

http://flcpsociety.tripod.com/

I am trying to set up our next meeting. I will be free the entire summer semster, so pretty much any time will do.
I am thinking of meeting here:

http://members.tripod.com/~PalmHammockOrchidEst/phoe.html

Any other suggestions?
They don't have CPs, so I think each member should bring a couple of their best plants to show off and maybe stuff to trade. Of course, this situation will be best if most of us show up, so I want to pick a date that is adventitious to everyone.

I can bring my N. truncata and maybe my S. alata 'black' to show
off, and I will have (assuming all goes well) the following to trade:

-N. mirabilis 'winged' rooted cuttings (hopefully about six, plus something likfe ten I just made)
-S. leucophylla seeds (I will probably only trade a small amount)
-D. filliformis var. tracyi seeds (with about 7 or more stalks, I expect a good amount-its a nice plant when it starts making multiple rosettes)

-Jonathan Armstrong

I'll be there I think July would be the best time, since I'll be gone all June, I could bring some plants to trade, You gonna be there Snowy?

Maybe you should have it in a store that sells CP's that way if some beginners come, they can buy some to trade

That sounds like a good place to meet.  It is down somewhere near Clyde's place isn't it?
I can make it most anytime but I need to know far enough in advance so I don't plan anything in that time slot.  Lotta' places to go and people to see.
I will have for trade;
D.binata dichotoma one year olds.
D.binata dichotoma seeds
N. coccinea
green dragons
burmanni seeds (reds and greens)
a bunch of D. capillaris or spatulata (a little too small to identify yet.)
I am loking for any kind of Drosera or pings.

When exactly do you plan on having it, we could probably get Snowy Falcon to come, And a few others

Yah, I might be able to make it. I'm going through an EXTREMELY busy period of life right now, so I can't commit just yet...

SF

hope you'll be there, maybe we should start e-mailing people, maybe we could get some store owners to come.

I can probably come whenever you decide to meet, and I can probably bring my:
D. Binata (working on propagating it)
D. Capensis (propagating it)
VFT
N. Ventricosa (red and normal)
U. Livida
U. Gibba
and maybe my S. Jonesii and Oreophila

maybe we could get the owner of Petflytrap to come? (I know it's crazy) but if he did come we would have alot more plants there to buy or trade.

wow, wish I could meet him. Do you think he'd come to Miami for a couple of days? Maybe we could charge admission, and use the money to buy him a plane ticket, and a hotel?

We don't have enough people to even get enough money to fly someone here and be practical at the same time. We don't even charge for membership, though that may change in the future. Sadly, the only way he could make it here would be on his own right now.

As for having our meeting at a nursury that sells CPs, I will call Clyde (Orgel's Orchids) and see how he is doing. A while back he wasn't feeling well, but I've seen him acouple times since, and he seemed better. If he is in fact better, and is up to it, we might be able to have a meeting at his place, so long as no one drools on his plants.

Jonathan.

Hi everyone, a little change of plan. Trent Pmed me and invited us to his CP nursury:

"Michelle and I are having a little "CP Get-together" at our place here in Boca Raton and hope to get a group of the SFCPS members over just to talk, hang out, and generally share ideas and experiences about our most unusual plants. We will have soft drinks, chips, etc on Saturday afternoon, 2pm May 15 and hope you can make it. Bring friends and family-they are welcome too. Let me know if you can make so i can keep a head count of how many to expect.

Trent and Michelle
Sunbelle Exotics
(561) 394-4397"

I hope most of us can make it there.

Hopefuly I'll be able to go but I have to see if my job will let me have that day off.. Now that I have my car, I should be able to make it.

Lenny

I will definitely be there and will have a N. coccinea and three D.binata dichotoma to give away...free.

I know for sure now that I can make it, and yes, they do have plants to sell: Lots of neps and sarrs.

JA

Back