What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shameless sales tactics

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
Well,
I was at a garden and plant show today where I see a huge sign that read "Carnivores, watch a live feeding" and since I'm at a plant show I figured CP's. I get over there and sure enough VFT's on display in cramped little cups sooo soggily (?) humid that they were almost drowning in their own sweat. For $20 "You too can have one of these monsters of nature" Oh, they did also have 2 N. alata's for $30 (3"-4"). I decide to watch this "feeding of a monster" and I'll be d*mned if he didn't give that thing a fly and then say you can also give them hamburger among other stupid things. Sure enough as I sit and wonder who would beleive such nonsense, several people are scrambling to get their "monster" befor they are gone.

UGH....SIGH....
Joe

mad.gif
Thats outragous!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
 20 dollars?! GOD, if they sold just 5 of them thats 100 dollars! PFT is waaaaaaay better at only 5 bucks a flytrap!
biggrin.gif

Do i get any brownie plants phil? j/k
tounge.gif

I'm sure Phil will send you some "brownie" plants if you pay for the shipping.
Brown and Dead!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ April 03 2004,10:51)]I'm sure Phil will send you some "brownie" plants if you pay for the shipping.
Brown and Dead!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Phil never sent John his prize for winning the avatar contest and that was a long time ago .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (goldtrap2690 @ April 04 2004,1:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ April 03 2004,10:51)]I'm sure Phil will send you some "brownie" plants if you pay for the shipping.
Brown and Dead!!!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Phil never sent John his prize for winning the avatar contest and that was a long time ago .
that reminds me... what did ever happen to that?

Back