Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: can't sleep...

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading books - school books and William Faulkner's, "Intruder In the Dust." Gotta be the most boring book I have ever sunk my mind into. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't ever get to sleep. Every night it takes me about an hour and a half to fall asleep. Even when I'm completely exhausted and it still takes this long. I don't ever take a nap during the day because it only makes it worse when I try to go to sleep that night. I think the problem is the fact that I can't shut my brain off. I don't worry about anything, I just think about all kinds of stuff. My dad has the same problem with falling asleep and so I think I got it from him.

-buckeye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i lay in bed at night sometimes, but i am ALWAYS up at dawn (no matter how long i sleep) Its sort of annoying, being a early bird. Early morning TV is the pitts. Speaking of early, my finches wake up at the same time i do, but their noise desnt wake me up for some reason. We just wake up at the same time.

Is that weird or what?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    er... I agree read a boring book for like 15 minutes. I reccomend
    1. To Kill a Mockinbird<only interesting if you read alot of it
    2. The Red Badge of Courage (sorry spec )
    3. 20000 leagues under the sea<MOST BORING BOOK I'VE EVER READ ALL THE DUDE TALKS ABOUT IS "PHOSPHORESCENT FUCUS" (and other boring marine life, no action until the very last chapter. and he doesn't even go 20,000 leagues down, he goes just below the surface and travels 20,000 leagues, pretty cheesy. I hope those of you who have read this book thought it was as boring as I did.
    Or.... read a good book, puts you to sleep but just slower. READ THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES BY RAY BRADBURY BEST BOOK EVER
    or Enders Game
    or just don't sleep like tamlin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Count sheep. Another thing is cross your legs and arms and concentrate on relaxing each body part. Starting with your toes. Works well.

Travis
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Counting sheep never worked for me. I always start thinking about why people count sheep, and when I will get to the next digit increase (ie 99->100, 999->1000). And then I start debating with myself whether its a practical means of putting myself to sleep, and the argument gets all heated, and next thing you know I'm even more awake. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Finch @ April 08 2004,9:51)]i lay in bed at night sometimes, but i am ALWAYS up at dawn (no matter how long i sleep) Its sort of annoying, being a early bird. Early morning TV is the pitts. Speaking of early, my finches wake up at the same time i do, but their noise desnt wake me up for some reason. We just wake up at the same time.

Is that weird or what?
    dang! aren't you a little young to be up at the crack of dawn? i require a little more sleep than most people. i hate it. i'm not a morning person AT ALL and i don't function well for long with little sleep.
    i've got PLENTY of boring books, but they just get me wired up out of irritation rather than make me sleepy most of the time.

i want to go to bed now (early) but i'm not sleepy at all.. maybe i'll have another beer. too late for sleeping pills cuz it will still take like an hour to fall asleep and i like to get 9+ hours with sleeping pills and i gots class tomorrow.
    Driver Found

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always a non-morning person. School starts at 7:55 but I wake up at 7:25 or so and get ready really really really fast and then bike to school.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast