Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Guitarists out there?

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funk, drum n bass, and Thrash metal. I'm a bass player. 1/2 slap -1/2 pick. Just for fun these days. I'm not a rockstar anymore, I have a family now.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Electric by the way

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin, you ratted me out!! Ok, I play fingerstyle Delta Blues and blues slide guitar. I play fingerpickin' folk and bluegrass too. But the old style Delta Blues is my first music love. Can't get enough of old style blues tunes. But then, I'm old anyway!! Doc Watson is still a favorite of mine as well. What a player Doc is!!!! Who else plays out there??

45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah!!!!

I too gave up the limelight, got tired of all those women throwing their room keys on stage, the screaming crowds, ruthless agents out to milk me for my millions.

Now I sit and play for myself and my friends, so please don't push any contracts on me. It won't work.

I sure would love to sit and pick with y'all though. I play a little of everything, as long as it is at least 2 decades old. My favorite music is acoustic bluegrass, and Doc Watson has it all in my opinion, or most of it at least. I got to hear him play "Knights in White Satin" and he tore it up Bug!

I am also into stuff that was hitting the charts back in the 16th Century, Celtic, Folk, and hey hey my my rock and roll will never die! I love playing streetcorners for quarters, and have been told I am too loud. When I want, I can make the windows rattle down the street, but its all legal and they cant arrest me. I never refuse an invitation to play.

I play at least an hour a day, and am now being instructed in classical techniques by a recently discovered friend who is just outa sight. His delta blues are awesome, and we are getting into Robert Johnson. Blues he gots. My fingers hurt!

I also write, and have many of my own songs which usually generate fevered responses like "Huh?" from my audience. But I love it durn near as much as CP. I have grooves in my fingers and soul that never go away. I keep afloat in life's whirlpool by wrapping my fingers firmly around the neck of my Martin HD28. SO, when I'm dead please bury me, 'neath the trees on Chestnut Street: put some headphones on my head, and play the Grateful Dead.

-Colorblind Mango Willie
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ April 08 2004,4:34)]Anyone who can play 3 chords in time with all changes and notes properly made and clear is a guitarist in my book, and since I teach I know whereof I speak.
    I play, I play!!
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've been playing for 15 years or so. rock, country. back in college i had an electric with a wah-wah pedal, chorus pedal, distortion pedal. i thought i was king of the world. playing along to alice in chains, pearl jam, smashing pumpkins, bands like that.

still have the electric these days, but it's gathering dust and i sold all of the pedals (to buy sarracenias coincidentally!) these days i just play acoustic guitar along to cd's. i've gotten to the point where i can pretty much play any song once i've heard it a few times. still, i don't consider myself that great. i have a hard time doing solos, or other single-note riffs and runs. my one claim to fame is that i wrote, or tried to write, some songs during my college days. one of them "The Night Mare" is played by a friend of mine who plays keyboards at a couple of tiny hole-in-the-wall bars in the hills of SW wisconsin. he claims many people ask him what song that was, that they liked it, etc... now that i'm moving back there soon, maybe I can jam with him. although, i honestly can't remember exactly how the song goes. i know it's in the key of E, but that's it. i guess he'll have to teach me.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think God's Garden also plays guitar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play guitar, have been playing for 7+ years, electric is my main one. Also play bass, drums, harmonica, and the spoons. All self taught.
    LACPS Member
    \"Don't make me sic my targ on you!\" -Jonathan Passow
    www.mulletman.org <--VISIT MY NEW HOMEPAGE&#33;

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast