Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Guitarists out there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I attempt to play electric. Mainly rock and metal.
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, more guitarmen here that I imagined! To those who don't play now but used to, I say dust off those strings: music is good for the soul and being touched by the Muse is a great gift!

I would like to see the words at least to "The Night Mare", Sarracenia, if you ever care to share them. I can realate to the pleasure of hearing your material played by other artists, my songs were played by a widely touring duo act that played everywhere from California to Maine: Dexter Grove. They played "Priest of the Faded Fair" "Bent Brain Boogie" "He's Cryin'" and "Hydroponic Goo".

I have never been able to stop playing since the day I pulled my first guitar out of a pile of junk on the street, dumped the water out of it and took it home.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have been playing for over a decade now, although not as much any more. i still pick it up once or twice a week, but that a far way ayaw from the 8 hours a day i played when i was a kid! i play electric and acoustic guitars, and i hand drum on a djembe and doumbek.

if i have to classifiy myself, i'll just say hard rock/ heavy metal. it's really more about the mood and vibe than anything else. sometimes i'm very reserved and mellow, othertimes i'm beating the crap outta the guitar!

i have attended a recording school, so i can go into a studio, mic you up, throw up the faders, record, mix and master you. i have worked you both digital (alesis ADAT) and analog (2" tape, 24 tracks). after recording school, i worked in a music store, selling guitar and amps and whatnot.

guitars:
    ovation celebrity acoustic/electric (added grover tuning keys)
    charvel fusion standard (added dimarzio pickups)
    jackson kelly standard (added dimarzio and paul reed smith pickups)
    fender squire strat (refretted, scalloped, charvel humbucker in the bridge)-the beater...

give it some time, but i have decided to get back into it lot more in the future. hopefully, if all goes as planned, i'll be playing a paul reed smith electric, a taylor acoustic, and mesa/boogie amps in the next 3 years. that's the plan anyways...

on a side note, if anyone is going to go shopping for a new guitar or amp, please, im me! working in the business has tought me a lot.

peace,
    tech...

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.

drosera guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played e-guitar for some months some years ago...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The term 'guitarmen' seems to be a little overaged for me...
    I played the guitar for a year or so, then stopped, was too busy.
    Maybe I'll pick it up again...relaxing eh?

Jason
    (Guitarboy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I'm playing guitar for nearly ten years now. I play accustic guitars as well as electric guitar.

Christian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christian,

I think we must be a clone, lol.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ April 09 2004,6:59)]Tamlin, you ratted me out!! Ok, I play fingerstyle Delta Blues and blues slide guitar. I play fingerpickin' folk and bluegrass too. But the old style Delta Blues is my first music love. Can't get enough of old style blues tunes.
    Bugweed! Yeah baby! We would get along just fine. Gotta love the blues, especially the Delta. I also love bluegrass.

acoustic for now.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast