What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mad sunburn: gardening, grilling,drinking

[b said:
Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ April 20 2004,6:12)]You must be BS-ing. Seriously I just did a homemade berry swirl cheesecake today with blueberry and strawberry trimmings. I also am a fantastic confectionist (cheesecake, brownies, supreme pies,etc...) Strangely I hate cake. Wouldn't you love to live closer to me!
biggrin.gif
 Perhaps I will send something in the mail one of these days.

Joe
*sob*
sad.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

you're kidding!!! i LOVE cheesecakes!!!! ooooo!!!!! love grilled food, too. yeah, i'd like to live closer and enjoy some of that fine food. UGGGH!!

Well, this past weekend the grill was broken in for the season. Haven't lost my touch! That salmon steak was SO tender....

scloaty, mind if i come over for a good ol grill?
biggrin.gif
 oh, and i have this sack with lumps that look like pots full of plants, so dont pay attention to it while im there, and when the saack gets bigger, it just means that im, uh, well, hungry
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Salmon steak when done right is awesome on the grill. Spec, you sneaky little sucker.
laugh.gif

Joe

Wow, that was a good haul! *pulls out 3 Nepenthes hamata, 2 nepenthes truncata, 1 nepentehs artistolocioides, 3 nepenthes burkei, and 4 nepentehs inermis*
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
wow.gif
I better run now! i barely know karate!
wow.gif
*hears schloaty in distance chasing him, then stuffs neps in sack and runs off*

why are you people torturing me... AAAAA!!!!
well, i've been running and running and running and haven't even had the time to cook in several weeks. i've lost a couple pounds, too so i guess i can't complain... except

I'M CRAVING RIBS AND CHEESECAKE!!!! (or maybe lobster. mmmm....)  
smile.gif

Lobster hmmmm.......... I never tried lobster on the grill. Maybe I should try that. I'll have to think of matching flavor for a baste/moisturizer of some sort. I imagine it would dry out otherwise. Hmmm........ Give me a couple days.

Joe

I've tried shrimp on the grill, they're the bomb!

I've never been a shrimp fan. I love crab and lobster though. I live in NE not very fresh seafood comparatively.
sad.gif

Joe

i love it all... LOADS of butter for the lobster.
i had some shrimp and pasta for dinner. i finally made some time to cook.

not a grilled food, but i love clam chowder also. my mom is Japanese, so i like all kinds of weird seafood.

Joe,
Lobster tends to dry out on a grill but you can wrap it in lettuce or banana leaves and it helps quite a bit.  The biggest thing is not to over cook it.

Try boiling it the old fashioned way in water with some seasonings like "Old Bay".  The main thing is to serve it with lotsa' clarified butter to which you can add lemon pepper.

My buddy simply sautees his as "lobster scampi" and serves over linguene...lotsa' Chianti...Ummm, ummm good.    
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]*hears schloaty in distance chasing him, then stuffs neps in sack and runs off*
ROAR!! Poach my plants, will you?
mad.gif

7 years of track says I'll catch you before you make it 10 steps out the door. THEN there's the matter of 13 years of karate....
wink.gif

I'll feed the remains to Ozzy's capensis bog.....
tounge.gif

Now I can criticise you, I walked a mile in your shoes!
tounge.gif
better come catch me!!! I have shoes, and you dont!
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ April 22 2004,5:24)]Now I can criticise you, I walked a mile in your shoes!
tounge.gif
wow.gif
smile.gif

you must like to get beat up, spec. haven't i beat you down already, or was that ozzy? i don't remember... maybe you beat him down... or something...
anyway, now you want shloaty after ya, huh?  
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (butthead @ April 22 2004,10:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ April 22 2004,5:24)]Now I can criticise you, I walked a mile in your shoes!
tounge.gif
wow.gif
smile.gif

you must like to get beat up, spec. haven't i beat you down already, or was that ozzy? i don't remember... maybe you beat him down... or something...
anyway, now you want shloaty after ya, huh?  
tounge.gif
Bring it on.
cool.gif

scloaty, youve been active on pft for the past 2 hours... you better come catch me!
mad.gif
* pokes schloatys stomache as if he were philbury doughboy, and takes off*

stomache?
I don't have one of those...  OOOOHHHH!  You mean stomach!
ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
Got your nose!  HA HA!  It's going into the nep pitcher......

okay!!!! time for me to beat spec down (again.)
tounge.gif

i know your age. what's your height and weight, spec?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (butthead @ April 23 2004,7:04)]okay!!!! time for me to beat spec down (again.)
tounge.gif

i know your age. what's your height and weight, spec?
eh, not really sure... approx. 6 feet high, who knows how many pounds
tounge.gif
... probably around 130?

whoa!!! you're tall and skinny!!! i am 5'6'' or 7 and 120 pounds...
BRING IT ON!!!!!
*drop kicks spec to the ground*

to stay on subject just a little... i am hungry. pizza sounds good. i need to get my springform pans out of my box that's headed for storage. yup. after i'm not so overwhelmed with my divorce and school and work and starting over and stuff... IT'S CHEESECAKE TIME!!!! hmmm. what kind? egg nog cheesecake was good. i absolutely LOVE pumpkin cheesecake. peanut butter and jelly cheesecake was okay. plain is spectacular, too.

what kind of steak do you people like? i'm not sure, but whatever kind it is, i like it med rare.:)

Back