What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonesta farms live foaling cam

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
For anyone interested in horses, the Sonesta Farms Foaling Cam is up again for this year. Every year they have a live webcam of four stalls, four expectant mares. A new image refeshes every seven seconds, so you get to see alot. When a mare goes into labor, Sonesta will put the cam on full screen on that mare's stall only so you can get a better look. So far, Diende and another mare have foaled, last month.. I saw Diende foal. So far we have to go Drifter and Spirit. Spirit's due date is in June, but Drifter could go any moment now. Her water is broken, she's dripping milk, she'd sweating, having mild contractions and pacing according to Sonesta's posts on the forum. During the births we all come to the chatroom there. I'm WildFilly88. You don't need to register or anything for the forum or the chat, just come on in! When you're on there, open a seperate window and in that seperate window go to the Foal Cam page again and go to Chat Room and log on. I tell you this because you must have the page up that you initially logged into the chatroom on to stay logged into the chatroom, and you, of course, want the original window up to watch the cam at the same time you are chatting.

Last year I only saw one mare foal. It was tragic. Her name was Anya and she had a beautiful black colt named Solaris, but it was far later than her due date, so it was very hard for her to push Solaris out. Sonesta was so dead-set on coming on the chat and telling us what happened after the birth that she forgot to wash the blood off her hands and there was blood all over her keyboard. Anyway, the next day they found out from their vet that Solaris' hoof had torn the inside of Anya's abdominal wall and Anya had to be put down. *sniffles* Solaris was later adopted by another of the farm's mares.

Anyway, come on there as soon as you can. Like I said, Drifter's water has broken and she could go any minute now.

And by the way, world-renowned equine photographer Bob Langrish will be in there photographing the whole thing! And the photos might even show up in an upcoming book! How cool!

http://www.sonestafarms.com/cam.htm

Greetings,
           FTG, a.k.a. lovesick Kenny-Chesney-lunatic

OMG!!! That's the fastest I've ever seen a foal born!!!!! She just had it! Tune in!!

i was there 20 minutes ago, and nothing was happening, and the page didnt refresh, even after 10 minutes

I tried. Couldn't find the send button. As usual, I am one step behind!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 21 2004,6:43)]I tried. Couldn't find the send button. As usual, I am one step behind!
the send button in the chat room was enter

Enter? As in my keyboard enter? Oy!

Back