Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Good luck! I hope they make it!

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i highly suggest you get in touch with your fish and game department. keeping birds of prey without a licence is highly illegal. although i have never heard of anyone getting in trouble in a situation like this as long as you get ahold of them ASAP! ive seen lots of injured hawks and owls go through our local high school biology teacher. F&G usually came in a couple of days to pick up the animals. good luck.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ April 24 2004,10:12)]i highly suggest you get in touch with your fish and game department. keeping birds of prey without a licence is highly illegal. although i have never heard of anyone getting in trouble in a situation like this as long as you get ahold of them ASAP! ive seen lots of injured hawks and owls go through our local high school biology teacher. F&G usually came in a couple of days to pick up the animals. good luck.

Rattler
    Yes, I know, that is why i am desperately trying to get in toutch. One thing i did find though, was that i have to notify them within 5 days... Thats how much time i have to call them. I have been studying for a falconry liscence for about a year... I could shoot and try to take the test, and get over 70%. If I get a low score, i have to wait another month... Also, I cant find a sponsor...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok... I went through every single egg picture on this site:
    http://www.amonline.net.au/birds/gallery/eggs.htm
    and didnt find any eggs that looked like it. here is a kestrel egg:

The egg I have is a little longer, not so round like aping pong ball...

Its almost like this one:

Only, the brown is a bit more smeared than blotchy, and the background part is a little creamyer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just wanted to make sure you knew. i dont have any idea about what you should do otherwise. good luck.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why wpuld you want to propagate a nuisince like a bird of prey? They are already overpopulated in some areas and they kill your birds! Imo its better to destroy the eggs before you get more of these pests!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (pond boy @ April 25 2004,9:23)]Why wpuld you want to propagate a nuisince like a bird of prey? They are already overpopulated in some areas and they kill your birds! Imo its better to destroy the eggs before you get more of these pests!
    these arent pests, they are quite uncommon here I dont kill little cute birds in eggs! besides, hawks eat more mice and rabbits than anything else! they dont decimate the population of birds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and I have identified the eggs, I think

These lil guys are either:

Lesser Nighthawks
    -or-
    Brewers blackbird

these guys dont eat other birds, the nighthawk just eats bugs and stuff, only it looks like a hawk or falcon

EDIT: and kestrels can barely eat baby feild mice, they're not going to hurt harmless sparrows

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast