Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help-fast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spec, ive watched the kestrels around here take sparrows. infact an old name for kestrels is sparrow hawk. they are quite common up here. i see almost as many of those as red-tail hawks. i also see harriers, rough legged hawks, golden and bald eagles on a fairly regular basis. i would guess based on what you said that the eggs are the blackbird. nighthawks NORMALLY nest on the ground. there are always exceptions though.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well I was saying birds of prey in general (eagles most hawks owls (I realy hate barred owls Grrrr......... ) And some like kites actually atack humans `cause they think you are going to hurt there eggs! Kites back in OK. were more comon then pigeons in St.Luis! I`m just saying I`d rather see a raptor die then a Chicken.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pond boy, (not mad, but making a statement)

Your information is incorrect. Birds of prey are rarely over-populated and are endangered in many areas, thus their protection. As far as being a nuisance, they keep a check and balance. Wild, non predator birds (and rodents) can be a problem and have been where man has interfered with the natural order, such as destroying the pedators (check deer valley experiment). This bird nest was not destroyed in a natural selection. It was destroyed by man (even though it needed to be done).

Good Luck Spec. Let me know if there is anything I can do. If you do not get through to your G&P soon, email them. Any animal, predator or not, deserve an attepmt to save it (unless natural selection is occurring).

If I believed someone was going to harm my child I would also chase them off. Heaven help them if they were going after my child. I would show and use my talons as well.

For the record, I am also becoming a falconer, but I also love and raise non-predator birds. Hey, I hunt, but I love and pay to protect wildlife.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Copper @ April 26 2004,12:34)]Pond boy, (not mad, but making a statement)

Your information is incorrect. Birds of prey are rarely over-populated and are endangered in many areas, thus their protection. As far as being a nuisance, they keep a check and balance. Wild, non predator birds (and rodents) can be a problem and have been where man has interfered with the natural order, such as destroying the pedators (check deer valley experiment). This bird nest was not destroyed in a natural selection. It was destroyed by man (even though it needed to be done).

Good Luck Spec. Let me know if there is anything I can do. If you do not get through to your G&P soon, email them. Any animal, predator or not, deserve an attepmt to save it (unless natural selection is occurring).

If I believed someone was going to harm my child I would also chase them off. Heaven help them if they were going after my child. I would show and use my talons as well.

For the record, I am also becoming a falconer, but I also love and raise non-predator birds. Hey, I hunt, but I love and pay to protect wildlife.
    department of G&P?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game and parks
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah, ok.since these arent birds of prey, do i still have to call them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copper, it`s just in some areas(Eg,altus OK.) that they are overpopulated. I guess I was out of line, I`m just still realy mad and frustrated about loseing so many of my birds (chickens) to predators like owls I hate birds of prey for this reason alone. I know it`s not there fault they can`t tell it`s my bird and not a wild grouse or someting but it still pos me.

Sorry,
    Noah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw. if it`s a black bird I`m all for hatching it out! I love black birds they are beutiful(in their own way) and most of them will leave you birds alone(except for newborn chicks) Unfortuneatley they sometimes(from what I hear) attack your plants,I havent had a problem with that though although my chicken will make a quick snack from any plant they can get there beaks on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast