What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bogs

I was planning a trip to take my mom on a trip to a bog, and show her, (not to mention see, myself) carnivorous plants, I live on the eastern coast of central florida, anyone know of any remotely close bogs that I could visit, she's getting older now, and shes the one who sparked my interest in gardening, so I'd like to take her on a good trip.
P.S. what kinds of plants do you think I could find?
Thanks in advance, Kirk

Umm besides the white trumpet, i dunno if any--

No no i dont know anything

um *shrugs

If you go to the Green Swamp (its west of Orlando) on State Road 50 - you should be able to see several types of Drosera and a few types of Utricularia and Pinguicula. I haven't been there in a few years, but last time I was there were many trails leading off the road you could hike into. By the way, I live in the central part of central Florida. Oh, if you go in the rainy season most of the trail are under some water.

Buster,
We have a rainy season here in FL?  
laugh.gif

It always amuses me when guys in other parts of the States talk about "heavy" rain.  Last fall we got 11" in six hours...a total of 17" in twenty four hours...THAT IS HEAVY rain.
Thanks for the info on the Green Swamp.  About how many miles West of Orlando?  I have never been there but will put it off until the dry season.
smile.gif

Back