What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pressure cooker

I live in Los Angeles (not many people out here do home canning) and am going to be doing tissue culture soon and need a pressure cooker. Anyone know where's the best place to get a cheap medium to large sized pressure cooker? Either new or used? I'm thinking ebay. Any other ideas? (I've already tried the local thrift stores and found nothing...)

Jon, can a canner be used? Does it have to be a pressure cooker? Wal-Mart carries pressure cookers fairly cheap.

i know a source of a 6 gallon pressure cooker for 80 dollars... pm me if interested.

Oh, and if oyu want the source you gotta tell me what protocol youre using
wink.gif
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Copper @ April 27 2004,9:25)]Jon, can a canner be used?  Does it have to be a pressure cooker?  Wal-Mart carries pressure cookers fairly cheap.
Yes, it does have to be a pressure cooker, and wal-mart carries the ceap-o small ones. i need a large one.

And $80 is out of my price range...I'm mainly looking for used by still workable.

next price down is 12 quarts for 69 dollars, 8 quarts for 59 dollars, 4 quarts for 59 dollars, 2 wuarts for 39 dollars, 1 quart for 29 dollars, and 1/2 quart for 20 dollars... These things aren't very cheap... But you could go with an autoclaver for 500-5000 dollars
tounge.gif

Oh, Ross also carries them sometimes,

Jon,

A little off topic, but what is this about you killing bugs in Starship Troopers-2? Are you in the movie?

Cheers,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ April 28 2004,2:15)]A little off topic, but what is this about you killing bugs in Starship Troopers-2? Are you in the movie?
Yep, I am. Spent 2 weeks working on the project. Have yet to see if my scene's were cut. But we'll see. I play Lt. Spears.

MY IMDB Page It doesn't have all my movies, but it something...

Back