What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We were bored....   pics inside!

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Okay, so on Tuesday we were bored...   and Deangela was off because it was our one year anniversary so she took a week off...  So, I took a few days off and Wed morning real early we left to San Diego.  We went right to Sea World...   watched all the shows...  Went to our hotel room, slept.  Got up the next day and went to the ocean (which neither Deangela or I remember ever doing when we were younger but we have both supposedly been there...) then drove home...  we got back just a little while ago.  And heeeeerrrrreeeeeessssssssss some pictures!   We took our very nice digital camera but put it in a plastic bag so we could take pictures...  (with the lens sticking out)  we sat in the "Soak Zone" for All shows.    We went to the dolphin one twice  
wink.gif
  Great fun!   anywho, here's the pics in no order at all....

High flying dolphin

highjump.jpg

3 dolphins jumping...
3inair.jpg

Sea Lion and girl durring one of the shows "Fools With Tools"
sealionandgirl.jpg

A few of the dolphins being introduced....
pose.jpg

Dolphins sure can splash!!
theycansplash.jpg

Dolphin touching nose on flag set very high....
nosetouchflag.jpg

The penguin exhibt...
penguins.jpg

A sea horse.
seahorse.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics.  I wish you all coulda been there!!  (okay...  so only  a few of you.  hahahahha)
Later!
Andrew

apparently there is a limit to how many pics you can post
rock.gif
so here are some more....

Shamu and Shamu Jr. in a pose...
shamunshamujr.jpg

and a few of us.... we don't have many pics together because we were alone. So our together pics are "self portrates."
rock.gif

This one we took by setting the camera on a garbage can
wow.gif

selfportrate1.jpg

I'm glad I wasn't sitting in this area... Shamu spit on these people!
shamuspits.jpg

Me and Shamu...
meandshamu.jpg

Deangela when she first got in the cold ocean water. (I chose the picture that made her look the funniest. That's why I post the pics not her!
laugh.gif
) and yes it was cold. 62 degree water and 64 degree day!
deangelnocean.jpg

And last... me in the ocean in my new Sea World hat.
menocean.jpg

Nice! Those are some incredibly clear pics, especially for flying dolphins!
biggrin.gif
Sure Wish I coulda gone with ya... But the drive was too long
sad.gif

<span id='ME'><center>Spectabilis73 </center></span>

nice pics! acutally I went about 2 weeks ago. did you see the moray eels?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (droseradude @ April 29 2004,10:28)]nice pics! acutally I went about 2 weeks ago. did you see the moray eels?
Yeah, I think there were 3 or 4 types of eels. Not just moray... we touched them too. ewww!!!
tounge.gif
LOL
Andrew

Ohh,, I have a picture of me kissing an eel (through an aquarium of course). I'll post it if you don't mind (and if I can find it!)

See ya,
Pat

[b said:
Quote[/b] (trashcan @ April 29 2004,11:37)]Ohh,, I have a picture of me kissing an eel (through an aquarium of course). I'll post it if you don't mind (and if I can find it!)

See ya,
Pat
Post away!
Andrew

Wow, Andrew, those are great pics! You have great timing on those shots.

eh...those are crappy pics. Just a bunch of big fish.

tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

J/K

Thanks for posting them. That was fun. Now where is my souvenir??

PAK, Tuesday when I told you I was going you are the one that said "get and post pictures!"  So, I'll take NO SMACK FROM YOU!  LOL  oh, and you want something?  After you promised to send me something and still have not done so?   Should I report you to the admin as a "dead beat trader"??!!!  
mad.gif

biggrin.gif

schloaty- Thanks, I thought I was prety lucky also... Since I couldn't look at the screen or through the viewfinder because it was in the baggie... So, not only did I need to time the shots but also line them up.
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

Andrew

Back