What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dumbest thing...

• Thread starter butthead
  • Start date
lmao!!!!!!!!! One time when I was lost I told my friends I'm somewhere in the dark.

I'm an electrician and one time we were wiring a resturant and some plugs lost power. So all the electricians (4 of us) were going to each plug trying to trace down the problem. A plumber came to us and asked "Hey did you guys check to see if the breaker tripped?"

i don't get it? who were the dumb ones you or the plumber?

Wolfpack, If SOME plugs lost power then the bracker didn't go. Otherwise all the plugs would go. What would a plumber know that an electrician wouldn't?

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i got stuck in a cabinat when i was younger, i got stuck in the bathroom, i got stuck in the elevator, i fell in the toilet, the bathtub, i flooded my house twice(the second time was the worst).
The Fire Department must know you adress by heart... Have they given you your own seperate phone line yet?
tounge.gif
This coming from the guy who ... Well, lets not go there...
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i don't get it? who were the dumb ones you or the plumber?

When something loses electricity the simplist thing you can check is the breaker. If the breaker is off just turn it back on. For some reason we didn't look at the simple thing, we started looking in the circuit for a problem. We should have checked the breaker first.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If SOME plugs lost power then the bracker didn't go. Otherwise all the plugs would go

Not true. If all the plugs are on one breaker then what you said is true. ut in most commecial buildings, you have many different circuits of plugs. In some cases you plugs are on circuits by themselves.

I locked my keys in my car one day and I had a clothes hanger trying to get it unlocked. Some guy walked up to me and asked "Lock your keys in your car?" I said "Nope, I just washed my car and I'm trying to hang it up to dry."

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] The Fire Department must know you adress by heart... Have they given you your own seperate phone line yet? This coming from the guy who ... Well, lets not go there...

After the first time she called them, they remembered her. She called the fire dept. and told them that she was stuck and she need their help. They asked how do you get to you house she said "DUH! big red truck"
tounge.gif

Spec, do you want round two?
biggrin.gif

An objection to the naming of Drosera 'Tamlin':

"I was the first to grow this plant and realize its special character"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ May 08 2004,2:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] The Fire Department must know you adress by heart... Have they given you your own seperate phone line yet?    This coming from the guy who ... Well, lets not go there...  

After the first time she called them, they remembered her. She called the fire dept. and told them that she was stuck and she need their help. They asked how do you get to you house she said "DUH! big red truck"  
tounge.gif
The fire department doesn't know my address by heart but i did lock myself out the door when i was cooking fries in oil on a gas stove. I didn't know what to do so i ran around to houses asking to call my mom. I think the police officers know my house more then the fire department. I forgot how to turn off my security alarm when i was 15 and this sheriff came over. He looked like one of the guys from the movies and i kept looking at his glasses wondering why do i see myself in them. One day an emergency happened and i forgot the number to 911. I kept dialing 991 119 199. None worked so i gave the phone to someone else. I called my mom b4 i called 911 though. For a long time I thought J-walking meant you were walking naked. I mean I just learned that when i was 17 that it meant you weren't crossing where you should cross. My mom one day told me to stop J-walking and i told her "How can I J-walk I'm wearing clothes." (I know I said j-walking wrong!!!)

Well i can remember anything dumb someone has said to me, but i can rememver some dumb movie titles

i think i have done a lot of dumb stuff!! I dunno hmmm lemme think. I wanted to see if I could ship myself to Japan so I got inside a box and stood outside waiting for the mail lady to come. Then one year I thought the christmas tree was going to eat me so i would never go anywhere near it. Then one year I was afraid of my closet. Then another year I was afraid of the other side of my room. Then I had this big pencil floor lamp and I was horrified of it. I thought it was going to eat me.

"It's always in the last place you look"
(Why would you look after you found it)

When you find something do you keep looking for it?? If you quit looking for something when you find it, then it was in the last place you looked.
wink.gif

BCK

Back