Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternative to bush and kerry!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corruption is rampant in our government. We have congress members in there who are entrenched 25 years or more. C'mon people let's all start voting them out. Does it make you mad to see the biggest buisness in the world(our goverment) squandering our money and personal liberties? Remember the 60's ? Big brother is alive and well, but he wasn't watching 9/11. Why do we need a new department of homeland security when all of the other departments should have been doing their jobs prior to 9/11? Politics? Me thinks so. Why do drug enforcement officers allow small shipments to pass through and wait for that one "big bust" while people are dying and becoming addicted? You guessed it, it's a game too, played for money. We all need a healthy cynicism of politics. In Roman times, whenever the senate wanted to secretly pass legislation they would "entertain" the people (as a diversion) with a big sporting event(gladiators?). Now days we have all kinds of entertainment to keep us occupied and we are also dealt alot of misinformation regardless where you acquire your news. The two party system is broken.

I'm from Mississippi but I go to college In New Orleans
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanna get into politics when i get older, but there's a lot more work that goes on behind the scenes then anyone can imagine unless they have been there.
    I love Vin Diesel!! *Growl* Nobody better talk bad about him or else!!!

Squirdword-\"Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow.\"
    Mr. Krabs-\"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow.\"
    *~*Spongebob Squarepants*~*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]A successful country is because they have the Natural rescourses to keep the economy going, why else do you think that our countries so sucessful? Would we be so well off if our country was in the middle of Africa or something?
    Um, newsflash, the us imports over 70% of its oil and most other natural resources. That is why the prices are so expensive at the pump, because Opec quite litterally sets the price of oil. When it starts to drop, they cut production to artificially inflate the price. If some dumb lookin Caribeu in alaska has to move to a different freakin glacier so that I can get some cheaper oil, so be it.

Quote[/b] ] I mainly hate him because of the war and what he has done to our economy.
    That really is a mis-informed statement. Bush stepped in at the start of a recession. Then 9/11 occured and dug us much deeper. Then Bush is starting to catch all of these crooked CEO's that Clinton allowed to lie and artificially inflate there earnings. Those are the reasons the economy was doing bad, which if you havn't noticed, is getting much better.

Quote[/b] ]Clinton know what's good for the country, and doesn't just start a war when a econmy is at it's worst
    YOUR KIDDING ME RIGHT? He went into Bosnia to cover up a scandal. Which the then lied about and was impeached for. Its funny how you bash one guy for being a "liar" yet praise another who was proven to be a liar and a cheater. By the way, care to do the research and find out how many US soldiers died in Somallia, Bosnia and all the other conflicts under Clintons erra?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "That really is a mis-informed statement. Bush stepped in at the start of a recession. Then 9/11 occured and dug us much deeper. Then Bush is starting to catch all of these crooked CEO's that Clinton allowed to lie and artificially inflate there earnings. Those are the reasons the economy was doing bad, which if you havn't noticed, is getting much better."

Then how come Bush cancelled the court case where they tried to break the Microsoft coporation because it was becoming a Monopoly? Clinton was almost about to win, then Bush came in and cancelled the Court Case and Now Microsoft is still a type of Monopoly.
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently the federals are going to cut the endangerd species act's funding by 7 milion (and make it so you can build on species last strongholds) and there are bills in the works thet will prevent the EPA from prosecuting violators of the clean air and water acts. Oh did i mention Industry hierd lawers are going to try and convince the supreme court that the clean air and water acts are unconstitutional?

ANYONE who would do that would have my intense dislike. It just haooens to be the bush administration

*edidt*

Happens not haoowns haoooooooo

haoooooooweeeennnnsssssssssss
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Then how come Bush cancelled the court case where they tried to break the Microsoft coporation because it was becoming a Monopoly? Clinton was almost about to win, then Bush came in and cancelled the Court Case and Now Microsoft is still a type of Monopoly.
    Exactly how are they a monopoly? There are other alternatives to every piece of software that microsoft offers. Because they bundle FREE media players with there OS they are a monopoly? Because they are very good at selling OS's they are a monopoly? I am sorry, but anyone who is savy enough to d/l a new media player or i-net browser does have to adhere to this "monopoly". On the other hand, I sure don't want my grandma to call me when she buys a new computer because saying she can't get on the net because Windows didn't come bundled with a browser. Do they have some un-ethical practices? Yes, but let me tell ya, thats business, plain and simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back onto the track of USA politics...

I see two problems with the USA political system;
    1, non compulsory voting
    2, no preferential system

People are dishartened by polotics and the people it effects the worst are the most dishartened. When dishartened people don't go to the polls, you need to force them. If you do not make everybody get up and have a say you cannot have a truely representitive election. This also gives to much power to preasure groups who convince thier members to get out and vote (eg. NRA), this makes a mockery of the one person one vote idea. I read the statistics of the voter turnout in the US once and was horrified.

You must have a preferential* voting system where if the person you vote for does not get in your vote is not thrown away. This way people vote for who they believe in even if there is no chance of them getting into power. This gives even the minor parties some political weight.

*Voter ranks all cadidates from 1(prefered) down till all candidates are numbered. Candidates are then canceled one at a time by the least votes and the thier votes are redistributed according to the next candidate listed on the ballot paper, this means when it comes down to the last 2 candidates EVERYBODYS vote still counts.

As for Iraq, I like Fatboy's analogy of a husband and wife. I think this fits beter with the scenario...

Bloke (we will call him Bob for this senario) sees really hot woman (we will call her Mary) and thinks I can make some money out of her. Kidnaps Mary and rents her out to an abusive customer (who we will call Bill), who pays for the use of her to do what ever he wants. Bill stops paying for her use, so Bob gets anoyed and sends the heavies round and rough him up to remind him who's boss. He still doesn't cough up the dough so Bob goes round and kicks the stuffing out of him and says "How dare you treat this poor defenseless woman like that you evil person!".

Any ides who,
    Bob is?
    Mary is?
    The customer is?
    What do you think Mary thinks of Bob?

George

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *says something in a slightly shrill voice but decides not to repeat it*
    that makes no logic