What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael jackson

America seems to be afraid to show a boby part on public television. That doesn't mean that we are prudish about it. It's just that many children were watching the super bowl and some people were like that wasn't appropiate for my child to see. oh well i didn't care.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Binataboy @ May 02 2004,8:34)]Go to a beach in Europe and after 5 minutes seeing nude people means absolutely nothing. After all a good looking girl is good looking wether she is wearing clothes or not so whats the big deal?
rock.gif
Thats where the saying, "Theres a place in france where the naked ladies dance" came from
wow.gif

tounge.gif

rock.gif

Do you really think a child who is raised to view nakedness as a normal, natural condition would in any way be affected by a glimpse of a breast? Sure, if you beat it into them that nakedness is a lewd sin that one needs be ashamed of this will certainly be the case, but it is not a natural thing. We decide and teach what is proper, and in my opinion teaching that nakedness is "sinful" or improper is just raising another generation of mental cripples to continue the cycle.

If you want to embrace the Adam and Eve myth, that is your choice, but when laws are tailored so as to compell and restrain me and mine to this absurd dictate, that is another matter and I strenuously object to this.

There is no sin in nakedness, sex, or pleasure for all that the Christian Puritan Ethic would make it so: we are given our bodies as a Gift to enjoy. There are certainly sins in this world worthy of our concern and address, but lying on a beach in our skin is not one of them. I think it's time this country grew up in this regard, and as far as "judging a tree by the fruit it bears" goes, I would say that 2 thousand years of guilt and repression have produced quite a nasty thorny bitter one. Feed it to your children if you must, but don't pass laws forcing my child to take a bite!

Yes, shame on Michael Jackson; but we, as a society, tended the garden that seed was sown in. Michael was shaped by more than ego, fame and plastic surgeons: so tell me - was he the victim or the crime?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We decide and teach what is proper, and in my opinion teaching that nakedness is "sinful" or improper is just raising another generation of mental cripples to continue the cycle.

Well then i guess I'm a "mental cripple" according to you since if I have kids I plan to teach then that sex and nudity other than between two people who are married is wrong.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]There is no sin in nakedness, sex, or pleasure for all that the Christian Puritan Ethic would make it so: we are given our bodies as a Gift to enjoy.

There is no sin in nakedness, sex and pleasure between a man and a women who are married, but there is sin if these are happening between two unmarried people.

-buckeye

everyone came in this world naked!!!! so I don't see the point. I mean when i see a naked guy I don't start drooling or anything. I mean i was taught about the human body since the age of two.

i want to box M.J....freak '0 nature....

I don't see why parents are so darned overdramatic about their kids witnessing nudity. It ain't like they don't know what the human body looks like. Little kids have most likely seen their mother changing clothes. And older girls who have cleavage know what their bodies look like. I don't see the difference.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (buckeye @ May 02 2004,12:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We decide and teach what is proper, and in my opinion teaching that nakedness is "sinful" or improper is just raising another generation of mental cripples to continue the cycle.

Well then i guess I'm a "mental cripple" according to you since if I have kids I plan to teach then that sex and nudity other than between two people who are married is wrong.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]There is no sin in nakedness, sex, or pleasure for all that the Christian Puritan Ethic would make it so: we are given our bodies as a Gift to enjoy.

There is no sin in nakedness, sex and pleasure between a man and a women who are married, but there is sin if these are happening between two unmarried people.

-buckeye
Well then I guess my MOTHER is a blackhearted, sinful witch, is that it? She was never married. And apparently my dad didn't care much for being a father, because he left us when I was an infant, so I never knew him. Just because Mom got pregnant at age 21 and was never married doesn't make her a bad person.

EDIT: another thing. How can sex be so very sinful and wrong? God made our bodies, and he obviously made us "equipped" for sex, and God has a reason for everything. Anything we do with our bodies is God-given and is not necessarily "bad". Neither is sexual attraction to someone. God has programed these things into our brain, and we use it the way he intended. It's a natural INSTINCT. And nobody said you even have to KNOW a person to be sexually attracted to them. This will sound strange in an odd sort of way, but it's why I go nuts over Kenny Chesney.

Okay, now I'm blushing. See now, that's another factor..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ May 05 2004,2:10)]
[b said:
[b said:

[b said:

-buckeye
Well then I guess my MOTHER is a blackhearted, sinful witch, is that it? She was never married. And apparently my dad didn't care much for being a father, because he left us when I was an infant, so I never knew him. Just because Mom got pregnant at age 21 and was never married doesn't make her a bad person.
did buckeye say that? no
tounge.gif

But jsut because your mother did it doesnt make it right, either

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ May 04 2004,11:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ May 05 2004,2:10)]
[b said:
[b said:

[b said:

-buckeye
did buckeye say that? no
tounge.gif

But jsut because your mother did it doesnt make it right, either
And it doesn't make it wrong, either.

Why does marriage automatically make it OK? Whether or not two people are married, if they share serious love for each other, marriage changes nothing, all it does is give two people the "married" label. Either way, if two people show intense love for each other, there's nothing wrong with sex between them, as long as they know each other well and are not careless. Marriage does nothing but make you legally a couple. I'm not advocating sex before marriage, and I know it's not always the best decision, I'm just saying that just because somebody isn't married doesn't make it "wrong". I was created from non-marital sex, so that gives me a good reason not to bombshell it as "a horrible sin".

Religion is the point.
I think the USA missed great parts of Kants enlightenment...

No of course there is nothing wrong if someone does not get married. Its wrong if you raise your children while indoctrinating them with wrong sins and make them dependent persons without free will. Nothing against ethics, but think modern and ask yourself "Why did they wrote that rule?".

Jan

Back