Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cicada mania

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

The one thing I'll never forget about cicadas is the time when hundreds of them gathered on the same tree and PEE-D! It was such a rare sight that the newscasters rushed down and the local news ran clips of them "raining". Some members of the public actually stood under the tree with the umbrella for a closer look!

I wonder if any other Singaporean remembers that...was at least 5 years ago, I think...
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

So, tech, check out cicadamania.org...

BTW, has anyone seen any sign of any of these?
    Restore our biosphere, create a new culture of kindness.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah yeah yeah. Ok. Let's get back to the "there" subject....MUCH more interesting than bugs.

Personally...I have never had a bug..."there." When I was a little kid, I did have a pretty severe bike accident..."there." Owoowwowoowwwoooow!

I have seen the cyclic cicada swarms (supposedly 17 yr)...in the Spotsylvania Battlefields near Fredericksburg. It was a sight to behold. Noise was deafening! Cicadas everywhere. Rather gross as they are BIG bugs. And don't ever get them in your house...again, deafening. Cat's like 'em though.

Cindy...that is really GROSS!

Cicadas always remind of me of sweaty, hot, baked-dry, wheat-colored August.

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cindy,

Ahhh, nevermind. Trying to say it wiith the kill filter wouldn't work anyways. Suffice to say Singapore is a land of wonder!

Personally, I think Ozzys story is even more eerie. One wonders why one was stealing chiggers. I bet that was a case of Live and Learn, hoooo mamma!

Once again, you beat me out Ozzy. I would rather wear Poision Ivy underwear than guest a chigger in my halls. Something like that.

Sorry for the off topic.
    "Grow More, Share More"

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin, I would have smuggled them out on my feet and legs but there was no room for them there because I was also poaching sand spurs, they were dug into the flesh from my knee caps to the bottom of my feet.
    This was my first trip into the Green Swamp, I learned a very valuable lesson. Never were sandles and shorts in the Green Swamp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Cindy @ May 04 2004,7:14)]The one thing I'll never forget about cicadas is the time when hundreds of them gathered on the same tree and PEE-D! It was such a rare sight that the newscasters rushed down and the local news ran clips of them "raining". Some members of the public actually stood under the tree with the umbrella for a closer look!

I wonder if any other Singaporean remembers that...was at least 5 years ago, I think...
    was it in the news?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, after reading this topic i laughed for ten minutes straight...ROFLMAO!!!!
    HAHAHA

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just never know what you're gonna find on this forum. Bunch o' fruitcakes hang out here!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast