What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cicada mania

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ May 03 2004,9:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ May 03 2004,7:04)]I had one inside my pants once, crawling up my leg towards the Holy Land.  Man, you should have seen those jeans come off!  I think I must have broke the sound barrier I moved so fast.  I doubt the neighbors even gave me a second glance.
That happened with me, only i ran into a wasp nest
wow.gif
and yes, one of them stung me "there"
Where?

Ozzy, we can't say that word on Forum, the kill filter thing will just retranslate it into something else that means the same thing.

Once, I got Poision Ivy "there". Never do that.

Sorry for the off topic. Hope I haven't started anything.

One time I was in the Green Swamp and I poached some red bugs. I smuggled them out by hiding them "there".
For those that don't know what red bugs are, they are also called chiggers.

The one thing I'll never forget about cicadas is the time when hundreds of them gathered on the same tree and PEE-D! It was such a rare sight that the newscasters rushed down and the local news ran clips of them "raining". Some members of the public actually stood under the tree with the umbrella for a closer look!
laugh.gif

I wonder if any other Singaporean remembers that...was at least 5 years ago, I think...

So, tech, check out cicadamania.org...    
biggrin.gif

BTW, has anyone seen any sign of any of these?

Yeah yeah yeah.  Ok.  Let's get back to the "there" subject....MUCH more interesting than bugs.  
tounge.gif

Personally...I have never had a bug..."there."  When I was a little kid, I did have a pretty severe bike accident..."there."  Owoowwowoowwwoooow!

I have seen the cyclic cicada swarms (supposedly 17 yr)...in the Spotsylvania Battlefields near Fredericksburg.  It was a sight to behold.  Noise was deafening!  Cicadas everywhere.  Rather gross as they are BIG bugs. And don't ever get them in your house...again, deafening.  Cat's like 'em though.  
smile.gif

Cindy...that is really GROSS!
wow.gif

Cicadas always remind of me of sweaty, hot, baked-dry, wheat-colored August.

Cindy,

Ahhh, nevermind. Trying to say it wiith the kill filter wouldn't work anyways. Suffice to say Singapore is a land of wonder!

Personally, I think Ozzys story is even more eerie. One wonders why one was stealing chiggers. I bet that was a case of Live and Learn, hoooo mamma!

Once again, you beat me out Ozzy. I would rather wear Poision Ivy underwear than guest a chigger in my halls. Something like that.

Sorry for the off topic.

Tamlin, I would have smuggled them out on my feet and legs but there was no room for them there because I was also poaching sand spurs, they were dug into the flesh from my knee caps to the bottom of my feet.
This was my first trip into the Green Swamp, I learned a very valuable lesson. Never were sandles and shorts in the Green Swamp.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cindy @ May 04 2004,7:14)]The one thing I'll never forget about cicadas is the time when hundreds of them gathered on the same tree and PEE-D!  It was such a rare sight that the newscasters rushed down and the local news ran clips of them "raining".  Some members of the public actually stood under the tree with the umbrella for a closer look!
laugh.gif

I wonder if any other Singaporean remembers that...was at least 5 years ago, I think...
was it in the news?

Man, after reading this topic i laughed for ten minutes straight...ROFLMAO!!!!
HAHAHA

You just never know what you're gonna find on this forum. Bunch o' fruitcakes hang out here!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ May 11 2004,9:19)]You just never know what you're gonna find on this forum.  Bunch o' fruitcakes hang out here!  
tounge.gif
Fruitcake, Yeah there are alot of fruitcakes here. I'm sure glad that I'm not one of them.

What!? You're the fruitiest of the cakes with lots o' nuts and hard pieces of red and green cherries thrown in.
tounge.gif
BTW...William likes fruitcakes.
wink.gif

So what are you trying to say?

Maybe it's a hint for a birthday present for him...  
wink.gif
  It's only 3 more weeks, you know.  *But don't tell him I told you.*  She whispers so he won't hear.  
laugh.gif
 (And it has to be one of the really good ones, not one of those cardboard flavored ones.  
tounge.gif
 )

Ozzy is a fruitcake. William likes fruitcakes. William likes Ozzy...therefore, Ozzy is a fruitcake. Simple logic which proves my hypothesis. Ozzy is a fruitcake. hehe

Ahhh, I see.  Well, going on that logic -- there are an awful lot of fruitcakes running around here, then.  
laugh.gif

I wish I was a grape, but I guess I'll have to settle for being a fruitcake.
sad.gif

Back