What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did you come across terraforums?

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I was trying to ID a sundew and butterwort I purchaed at a local nursery and the books weren't conclusive. I stumbles onto TerraForums. Never would have dreamt that a forum existed for CP's.

lol. i was just looking for places to buy cp's and came across it. i joined it and i immediently started talking the min. i joined literally.

The first website I ever found when I just got a vft was petflytrap.com. I knew about the forum but never joined it for like a month, but I read all the topics.
smile.gif

Pyro brought me in. I had met him relative to a search for epiphitic Utricularia, since he was looking for them as well and we decided to pool our resources. I was member two hundred and something.

I also needed a forum where I could be about my work of spreading CP and teaching their cultivation, and PFT/TF has always been home to me ever since welcoming me here.

I bought one of my first vfts from PFT... I didn't join the forum for about a year though
sad.gif

I was thinking about building a terrararium,
so I googled "terrarium",
and then refined my search with "forum"

I've found that if you want to learn about anything the best way is to find a forum,
and it seems there are forums for just about anything you could think of.

Cactusdoug

I was looking for care info on a VFT I bought from a store here....
I've been a member ever since....   starting on July, 12th 2001
I think my member number was less than 100 but I don't see that stat in the profile anymore....   anywho, happy I became a member!!  although, I'd hate to know how many hours I've been on here...  :-0
Andrew

edit: found my member number.... TWENTY FIVE! (25!)

i was looking for care, too. my husband (soon to be ex) brought home a vft, and i ended up taking care of Butthead and still have custody. now i have a bunch of plants. hmmm... funny... they're addicting
tounge.gif

i was thinking about buying a vft, and decided to research the care requirements, and exoticgardens.com was one of the results i got on google.

tech...

I actually found out via an email from RAM.
There are a bunch of us that were dissatisfied regulars on the Gardenweb CP forums. When this was set up we either moved across totally or were intending to use both forums but got booted off GW.

Cheers, Troy.

I was looking to exapnd my CP collection beyond a few common VFT, so I did a Google search for "Carnivorous Plants" and PFT forums was one of the results. I read several of the posts and couldn't resis logging in to answer someones question on their VFT. I have been here ever since.

smile.gif

BCK

An ad in a subscribed magazine, I use to get.

Once finding this place, I joined the forums immediately.

i ran across the forums searching for info on Nepenthes after i purchased a rather sick lookin neglected 'Miranda' last october. found the info i needed and now its producing 6 inch plus pitchers one right after another. the wonderful members of the forums have helped to greatly increased my collection in the short time ive been here and i plan on being around for a long time to return the favor to other newbies like myself.

Rattler

I was spammed and coerced by the Honorable Mr. Phil Crane. He was stealing GardenWeb members to populate his brand new forum since the GW CP forum was being ruined by Spike. I don't think Phil knew what this would turn into!
biggrin.gif

Good job, Phillip.
smile.gif

I was told to come in by Brooks Garcia (SarraceniaObsessed) so I came and observed a few times. After that, I came on in willingly. Good group of people here.

I have been growing epiphytic cacti for a few years and kinda move into new plants as I feel comfortable. It was inevitable that I would grow Neps. eventually. When I decided to start on them I did my regular constant "read everything" on the internet. I ran across this site a few times, though I never noticed the Terraforums title. I was reading a post on something else that mentioned PFT/TF and the info contained in the forum and how it was a much FRIENDLIER place to interact with other growers. It sucks that alot of serious forums are not very friendly to novice ?'s. I am a regular at a few of those places (non-CP) though I personally am not an a-hole to beginners or "dumb ?'s". Now I am a beginner all over again. I feel like i can be Dorky sometimes without being told to "GROW UP". Thanks guys. It's alot of fun here.
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

Joe

I hear you about the less than friendly discussion groups! This is the finest forum going, even if I have been given a warning square.

I wanted to buy a vft. So I searched on google and found pft sold cp's at a good price. Now I did not discover the forums until I purchased several times here. Then one day I found the forum...Although, I was a looker for about a week and then BAM! Here I am.
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

ps
Tamlin with a warning square? Wow, never thought I would see the day!
biggrin.gif
Must have done something wrong. *snicker* *snicker* j/k

I was doing a search about growing VFT's after I got my first one. One of the search results was for the care sheets on PFT. Once I read through them i saw that there were forums. So I checked them out and then joined.

-buckeye

Back