What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What plants beside carnivores do you grow?

superimposedhope

Somewhat Unstable
What plants do you grow besides carnivores inside or outside? Greenhouse or whatever.

Joe

I rent a flat, so I mostly grow indoor plants.

Currently I have;
4 ferns (different varieties)
3 African violets
2 cactus
3 begonia's
1 palm

and a few other plants my grandma gave me, but which I can't remember the names of. They're climbing plants, which I have growing in a basket. I'll have to ask her what they are!

dan

inside: orchids, epiphatic cacti, any tropical plant that catches my eye
outside: im a big fan of tiger and oriental lillies, monkshood, bleeding hearts, castor beans, cucumbers are a must, trying to get some razzberries established and anything else that i decide will look/taste good.
tounge.gif

Rattler

For a living I grow cactus outside.

For a hobby I grow aquatic plants inside, in my aquariums.

Cactusdoug

Did you know there is a non-cp forum here, as well?  
rock.gif

I have a veggie garden along with herbs & raspberries, blueberries, strawberries - all just starting.  A lot of flowers, too, mostly perennials.
Actually, I don't grow cp's myself at all.  The competition here is too much.  I guess we would have to have his & hers tanks...  
tounge.gif
 (mine would look pretty pathetic  
sad.gif
 )

When I owned a home in Buffalo I had more, but I currently have a couple cacti, roses, gladioli, iris, tulips, daffodils, lily-of-the-valley, forget-me-nots, morning glories, pansies, allium, and hyacinth. Can't find my Johnny Jump Ups. I used to strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peas, corn, tomatoes, pumpkin, spinach, Swiss chard, a grapevine, marigolds, peach, pear, plum, and apple trees - and more.

I grow inside:
1 - Phalaenopsis orchid (outside during the summer)
1 - Paphiopedilum orchid (outside during the summer)
2 - African violets
1 - Tiny Spider Plant (as an accent plant to my bonsai)
1 - Tiny Pansy (as an accent plant to my bonsai)
Lots of aquatic plants in my 40 gallon planted discus tank.

Outside:
2 - Gerber daisies
6 - Pansys (pansies) ?
14 - Bonsai
Several Impatiens

I have 60+cacti and succulents
76 hybrid tea roses
1 banana plant
6 lilacs
I don't how many annual plants (pansy, columbine, blah blah...)
I started 40 strawberry plants this year
1 Tomato plant
garlic
chive
green onion

Yes, I do know there is a non-CP forum but people don't answer quit as often on them.

Joe

I grow lithops, a few succulents, tillandsia, a noncarnivorous proboscidea species.

Everything that I can fit into my house. Absolutely everything.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ May 03 2004,1:56)]Everything that I can fit into my house.  Absolutely everything.
ditto. same with the yard
tounge.gif

...that's why I grow my plants outside.  
wow.gif

(there's no room inside)

Chilis and a species of Stylidium (Triggerplants)

Actually, almost everthing which caught my attention... But my main 'collections' are, others than cp, mainly orchids and asclepiads/stapeliads. But there is also herbs, african violet, few cyperus, etc...

Well, I'm taking care of a Phalaenopsis Orchid until I can give it to my mom on Sunday (Mother's Day).

Back