User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INFO ON THE NASC BENEFIT AUCTION!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to personally thank PAK for all the hard work she has done for this auction. Even while battling life’s curve balls, she still manages to do an extraordinary job. I am sure the auction will go very well and once again, I thank you PAK. You are truly an inspiration for us all.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awwwwww...thanks Casper. I certainly don't feel very inspirational. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img] I really haven't done all that much. I'm trying to keep busy but...there's not much spring in my tail. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

The auction should keep me hopping though...which is good...

I never thought about people editing their posts. But wouldn't it 1) show that the post had been edited? And wouldn't the most RECENT bid be the last one showing?

But good points there. Keep it coming. We must have all bases covered here.

Thanks all!
    PAKtioneer
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BUMP
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BUMP BUMP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This kinda goes into what Tony said about no chit-chat, but one thing I can think of that may go on is a post like this:
    " Hey, please please PLEASE don't outbid me, I REALLY want this plant!"

I dont really think that is appropriate for an auction, others may want the plant just as baddly.
    P.S. A huge thanks to all the crew and PAK for working on this!

Cole
    Duele no tenerte cerca, duele no escuchar tu voz. Duele respirar tu ausencia, pero, duele más decirte adiós.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my thoughts:

-no member should edit their post, or they will be disqualified immediately. the board provides everyone with a "delete" button, and bidders should use that, and then make a new post if need be.

-moderators will remove any "chit chat", and state that they did remove the "chit chat" for everyone else to see. no mods will be able to edit their own post, and if do, they too will be disqualified from the auction.

-if some one is disqualified, a mod will edit their post to say they have been disqualified and are no longer allowed to bid on that item.

there's my pennies...

thoughts?

tech...
    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely no one can edit their listings or bids. If an error is made, a mod can be contacted to correct it. I don't know about not allowing a mod to edit their own posts. I don't think any mod would "cheat". Not sure if that would even come up, but I edit my own posts for typos and such so often I'd probably do it without thinking about it.

Thanks to all of you who have put some thought into this and taken the time to post. Its been helpful. Its hard for one person to cover all the angles.

It is almost a guarantee this won't run perfectly...its NOT eBay. But hopefully there won't be too many glitches IF people READ and FOLLOW the rules.

I hope everyone is planning to list SOMETHING.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12