What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slinging

Has anyone ever made a david style slingshot? They're really cool. I made one and researched a little. I found out they could go 2000 feet!!!!!!!! I also found out about a dart sling, that is suppose to be 10 times stronger than a bow and arrow. It has a 200 meter range. There is also a weapon called a staffsling, which is a sling on a stick. I made one of these and it probably went 200 yards. I ready they have a 5000 feet range, by ancient sling warriors.
biggrin.gif
Even though these are human's first projectile weapons, they outrange modern high power slingshots, although they take a bit more practice and aren't as accurate. Ancient slingers though, were VERY accurate. It's said they could hit any part of an enemy's head! Slinging Forum/Website

Juggling? And now this? What's next?

No, but my dad has. He used to go out and shoot frogs, snakes, and squirrls.

mixed-smiley-004.gif

I'm a sling pro! droseradude thinks i'm a sissy because i sling underhand though. It has the best range and accuracy though
biggrin.gif

Yes, I can sling. I can also whip, dart, throw knives, and am a passable archer. It's sort of a very strange thing, a Zen. I don't know how I do it, it is all very unconscious, but it works. I just reach out and touch the spot, out there. The time it takes for me to touch it is the space that is covered, but it is a reaching out type thing. Add in the gravity bow, and it's bullseye!

I used to be quite a good shot with a blow gun. Home made! I could shoot that sucker so high you would loose sight of the dart.
I have to go and build a new one now. I wanna shoot something.
wow.gif

Tamlin,
I've told you before, all you have to do is give me a ski mask and point the way.....
wink.gif

Blowguns are fun. I posted a topic about how to make them on another cp forum once...
The dart sling is called a cestros sling I think. watch out tamlin is a weapon master!
wow.gif
. didn't you say you sparred your history teacher or something a long time ago?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ May 09 2004,9:30)]
mixed-smiley-004.gif
Now that's a cool smiley!
Tamlin: you're no longer W.E.I.R.D Why not?

Back