Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: God

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Apostle Paul said something wise when he urged people to follow him (his example) as he follows Christ. Unfortunately, when, not if, when Christians fail, there are bazillions of non-Christians waiting in the wings to humiliate and claim hypocrite. The focus should not be on humans. It should be on Jesus.

Eternity doesn't have to be fathomed. Who can imagine an always was? Perhaps an always will be, but human logic is limited. You (one) can't prove things that our human logic can't fully understand. All existentialism aside, sooner or later we have to accept, or have faith, if you will that we exist or having a conversation or that a chair will hold us up, etc... Faith / trust in God and Jesus dying for our sins is the way to go. A person who doesn't want to have faith will not be conviced by limited human proofs. Ya gotta want to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any of you guys seen the passion of the christ, I respect all viewpoints out there, but there is one thing about the jewish religion, How can Jesus be just "a good man" He was either a lying, cheating, blaspheming Idiot, or what he said he was, think of it like this, would a good man say he was the king of the jews, and gods son?
    I personaly am a christian, and believe in Jesus
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi again
    WOW I didn't mean to start up anything, If i offended anyone i am sorry! I am a christian but I will not judge anyone and thier belief. I thanks God everyday for what I have and am learning that life is way to short to dwell on tings that make you sad. I have had it tought the last year and things are not right now, and sometimes I question my self. That is why I asked this Question.. I am just glad to have found a few people tthat like the plants I like and i appreciate all of you as People!!!
    Thanks
    Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Hi Jim,

I hope things get better soon.

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bobby

Thanks, Me to..... I pray all the time!

Thanks again

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a Christian and agree with what Jim said. Also like people say the order in the universe implies there is a God. Casper, God actually doesn't make you worship him. In fact in the ten commandments there isn't one that says to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in Froyd's (I know I raped his name) day they would raise children in a completly segregated atmosphere. Children that where not taught who God was, never developed a beliefe for god. So, point in case, religion is not FAITH it is taught. You are taught to believe in god. If any of you that believe in Jesus where born in China, you would not believe in Jesus. That is as close to religous fact as it gets. So how can you, with an open mind, truely believe that it is true?

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]human logic is limited. You (one) can't prove things that our human logic can't fully understand. All existentialism aside, sooner or later we have to accept, or have faith
    Not all to different from people a few thousand years ago that believed there was a sun god. They believed so becuase they could not explain the sun, so they made a "god" up to explain it. Not all the different from today. Anything that we can not explain right now, we chalk up to "god".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] Not all to different from people a few thousand years ago that believed there was a sun god. They believed so because they could not explain the sun, so they made a "god" up to explain it. Not all the different from today. Anything that we can not explain right now, we chalk up to "god".
    Going Medievel eh? A couple of points, this is an OLD stereotype, why are there so many scientists today that believe in God? For instance, do we claim that the "missing matter" of the universe must be God?! *cough* If you can't answer that yourself, well then... You're a bit behind. I can't think of a relgion that "requires" you to give your money to the church, except for maybe the cool-aide drinker's society. The idea of "indulgences" (and the like) were done away with a long time ago. Just my 2 cents at this point.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast