Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who was your meanest ever teacher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had three worth nominating for this...

seventh grade music class. I knew her from outside of school, she was a nut who chased people, including my grandmother, off the sidewalk in front of her house with a broom. She wasn't as bad at school, but constantly sent people to in school suspension (where she was ignored and they were often only kept until the next class).

One wasn't mean, just stupid. She could not teach, at all, and I swear, I knew less Spanish after her class than when I started in it. She accidentaly misread my final grade in Spanish in 11th grade. I had a 'B', according to the records. On the report card, it was an 'F'. Of course, I didn't get the report card until after school was out, so had to track her down to get a signature to get it changed, but the school couldn't print another report card, so I had to apply to colleges with an 'F' as a final grade, and a note signed by a guidance counselor saying it was supposed to be a 'B'. Needless to say, none of the colleges I applied to believed this, and it nearly caused me to be rejected at the college I wanted to go to (thankfully, they decided they'd check it with the school and see if it was for real, instead of just assuming it was a lie... though they didn't believe the note).

The third was in college. He was the chair of the sociology department (I won't say his name, but if you really try to look, it isn't too hard to find...) He has since been forced to take a leave of absence, possibly pending dismissal. He was known for not giving ANY grades above a 'C' to anyone if he didn't like a class. He didn't teach, but instead had students memorize a chart and then as a test, write the entire chart on blank paper. He went ballistic and started screaming as loud as possible when someone talked during class. Hew also sexually harrassed two students in my class... possibly the reason he isn't currently teaching, as it was reported to the school by both.

After saying that, though, I just want to say, I had some very good teachers too. It's a shame the few bad ones out there aren't watched more closely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carnivorous23 that one about your grade really sucks. Anything that risks affecting your life after school is not cool.

And number three brings back memories...
    In year 4 I had a teacher, Mr Whitby if I recall correctly, who was busted for smoking dope in the quiet area of our class room.
    He was quite a cool dude though, not a bad guy at all.

L/dawn BOTH my parents started out as teachers, my father math and my mother English and media, film making ,etc.
    My father is now a principal and mum is a consultant to the Education Dept.

Cheers, Troy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    College Chem 101 professor, who shall be referred to only as "ratman."

Ratman can't teach any concept to save his life. Neither can he grade. On both of our tests, the GRAND majority of the class (about 5/6, or 6/7) scored below a C. On the last test alone, there were 2 A's, 2B's, and 9C's. Out of about 200 students. That was it. I still have absolutely no idea what my average is, as he said he would consider a 55 on his tests an "honorable" grade, yet refused to curve anything. I've also heard that no matter what you get on the tests, he determines your final average by what you got on the final. Also, on his tests he continually puts stuff in from the MCATs (Medical College Aptitude Test), saying that it will help us when we apply for med school. That would be nice, If I were actually considering going into med school! So he basically screwed over 95% of the class to challenge maybe 10 people. I know not everyone is going to "make the cut" in these classes, but considering I managed to get a B average for the weekly quizzes I'd say something is horribly wrong here.

How I HATE him... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tsmola,
    Good heavens! Your mother is an English teacher, and you still say "me and my friends" as apposed to "my friends and I?"

I'm tellin' your mother! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had many great and not so great instructors but the absolute meanest was old Mrs. Tolton, Jr. High School teacher of ancient history. She was a mean old witch - about a thousand years old herself. For a project, I made a a poster of ancient egyptian symbols that was really cool. However, I spelled the title word hieroglyphics wrong and she never said a word and hung it up on the wall anyway. Then a few weeks later....... we had a spelling test and just about everyone in the class copied that word wrong from the poster. When the tests came back, eeryone was like, "BUT THAT'S THE WAY IT'S ON THE POSTER!"

"Well, the poster is WRONG!!!!" she tells the whole class. I had to head for the hills after that class.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same teacher as my brother last year. ("tall and thin" as he says). This year I'm mad at 2 teachers, a certain one who gave me a detention for not tucking in my shirt, and another one who my friend devilsblood posted about about a month ago in general discussions. (his name is payne). He kept on making this stupid joke about my last name, and other things which I'm not saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a "payne" in the @$$!!!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The meanest teacher I knew was my older sister. She was a tough disciplinarian. She would make kids go outside and pick up stones.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast