What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big thanks to everbody!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
I just wanted to thank everybody who is being so supportive of the auction. Its going very well. This is the truest demonstration of the words "community support."

Many of you have been quite generous in items listed, offers to provide shipping costs and in bidding. THANK YOU!

There are some awsome items up...lots of CPs, some orchids, woodland plants...all kinds of things! There's rare plants too... a highland N. truncata, S. "Leah Wilkerson", S. "Schnells Ghost"! Keep checking as items are being added all the time.

And don't forget you can list an item any time during the auction so if you aren't ready to donate something quite yet...there's still plenty of time. And it doesn't have to be rare! "Small" items are just as good...every dollar counts! Doesn't even have to be a plant!

Thank you all so much!
biggrin.gif
Y'all are de best!
PAKtioneer

bump

Where is the link to the auction?
rock.gif

O' hehehe...nevermind.
wow.gif

lol. Travis. Dear Travis. Ya alright??
rock.gif

biggrin.gif

Wow, this auction was a great idea! I only wish I could think of something to donate... Instant R/O water, just add water!... No... It's exciting bidding.
smile.gif

Est...thank you for your bids! That helps as much as listing an item. You can always purchase something at a greenhouse or get a gift card to Lowes or something. Sometimes you have to think outside the box...doesn't have to be a plant. Birdfeeder? Collection of things like Rootone, Superthrive and peat pots? Just put your mind to thinking...
smile.gif

Many people have been SO generous with their bidding. That is the TRUE spirit of CHARITY! And even those of you who bid but get outbid...you too are contributing!

Keep it up! We need listing to continue to go up to keep the auction fresh.

Love you guys! And that goes to all the new members and guests that have bid too!

PAKtioneer

I think that it is safe to say that we all love you too, and lets not forget it was your sweat that made the auction possible. This is your baby, and you should get a big pat on the back (along with some free plants) for your mighty efforts.

Thanks as well for the bids on my offerings. I am pretty shocked! To the winners of my offerings I will offer replacement (if at all possible) if your plants do not take or die.

Once again, I am amazed at the kindness and generosity of this community (and you'd think I would be used to it by now!!!). What a wonderful bunch of people you all are!

Oh...don't worry...I'm skimming 10% off the top of all the bids.
wow.gif
tounge.gif

Juuuust kidding folks!
biggrin.gif

And you better stop this "free plant" campaign! I'm gonna whomp you! And trust me, you don't want to tangle with me! I'm FIERCE!
mad.gif
cool.gif

All the thanks go to the community who have cared enough about the future of pitcher plants in our world to give up some mighty nice plants and other items. It may seem "small" now...but the impact you all can have for the conservation of our beloved sarracenia will be huge.

Don't forget about the NASC Forum...keep an eye on that too. We're considering some contests for a logo and catch phrase. Any other ideas for fundraising, PR and anything else will be greatly appreciated.

Carry on!

I be willing to cut my nep ventricosa to help...That would give me more room. Plus, time to move on to different neps I have enjoyed my nep ventricosa long enough.
biggrin.gif

Back