What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How come...

We can't send plants overseas?
rock.gif

What are the problems of internationally sending plants (I mean is it safe for the plants, importation rules and regulations aside)?

Because I feel so lonely - I can't bid cuz i'm in singapore and you all are in america or some other country!!! Grrrr...
biggrin.gif

Please tell me if this is not the right place to post this topic...

BWT, this auction thingy is going soooo well - 30 topics in less than two days...amazing!
wink.gif

Jason

In regards to the Auction, anyone can send ANYTHING overseas (that's legal that is) provided BOTH the sender and receiver agree on shipping costs and adhere to all plant importation laws and have all the phytosanitary certificates needed.

Same really applies to the trade forum or give aways. Problem is...most people don't have the money to pay for all that. If it weren't an issue of money and lots of legal fleagle stuff...it would be much easier. But the rules are there for a reason...to protect from getting fungi, bacteria, insects, invasive plants, etc. introduced into their country.

So the rules are a pain...but in place for a good reason.

Anybody know when the bidding ends for all the items auctioned? Is there a specific date (24th May?) or bidding can end whenever the auctioner wants to stop. They don't specify...sorry if its in the rules cuz I think I must have missed it
biggrin.gif

From the rules:

"* SUBMISSION AND LISTING PERIOD: Sunday, May 9th through Monday, May 24th. Starting and ending times will be approximate. All items are open for bidding during this time."

Through the 24th ... ie until around midnight on the 24th US time.

I've also heard of stories on a water gardening board where plants sat for a long period of time in customs, and were goners by the time they cleared. One particular shipment I remember reading about was when a bunch of people got together to buy water lilies (or was it lotus?) really cheap from China.

Back